TS9 cable window pass trough

Topics related to wireless broadband antennas
Forum rules
Use the SEARCH function for related topics PRIOR to posting a new topic on the same subject.
Inframan
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

TS9 cable window pass trough

Post by Inframan »

Hello,

I work in a building where my window blocks LTE signals. My solution is an external LTE antenna outside the window, and inside is my mobile router. Now I have to pass the TS9 cable of the antenna through the window but at the same time have to keep the highly isolated window closed. As a result, every time the window is opened and closed the TS9 cable gets damaged from the very tight clearance of the modern build window.
For SAT connections there are flat cables available on the market which are designed to be used in those closed window scenarios. Just search for window pass trough cables. For the smaller TS9 cables and antennas I couldn't find any.

Do you know any solution to this? Any TS9 flat cables on the market? If yes, where? Or completely other solutions to pass LTE isolation? How about tweaking a SAT flat cable with TS9 adapters? I see a male / female problem because most adapters and extension are made for extending in the same format.

Thank you,
Chris
Viper67857

Re: TS9 cable window pass trough

Post by Viper67857 »

How close is your router to the window? The short 'pigtails' are usually very thin. Not flat, just thin. Thin enough that maybe you could make a small groove for them to sit nicely in using a round file....?
Didneywhorl

Re: TS9 cable window pass trough

Post by Didneywhorl »

You could get cables that convert from the TS9 to whatever you can connect to the flat ones you have access to then convert back on the other side to what you need again. Its a bit off losses created, but it may work fine.

Return to “Cellular Antennas”