From EP06 to EM12 I get "Msftconnecttest" redirect

Misc Mini PCI-E and M.2 Modem Card and USB Dongle Topics
Forum rules
Use the SEARCH function for related topics PRIOR to posting a new topic on the same subject.
zubbs1
Been thanked: 0

Band Scanning

Post by zubbs1 »

Is there a means to scan for which bands are available, and their respective bandwidth?

I'm using a WG3526 with the EM20G modem. I have just gotten the setup completed and have everything on factory default values. Before I can tinker around and try CA band groupings, I need to know which bands are being seen by the modem.

Currently it is using Band 14 as primary and Band 66 for CA.

MOFI had its issues, but I loved the GUI showing which bands were available...
Viper67857

Re: Band Scanning

Post by Viper67857 »

AT+QENG="neighbourcell"

That can give you some indication of what is available from your tower, as long as you can decipher the output.
zubbs1
Been thanked: 0

Post by zubbs1 »

Thanks for the reply. Here is the output of the command:

Code: Select all

AT+QENG="neighbourcell"
+QENG: "neighbourcell intra","LTE",5330,63,-11,-71,-46,0,-,-,-,-,-

OK
I'm certain I don't speak LTEese, so I have no idea what this means? :lol:
Viper67857

Post by Viper67857 »

Looks like it's only seeing one other cell, and it's on the same band as the primary that you're connected to (intra as opposed to inter) ... Band 14 if I'm converting the channel number correctly?
Didneywhorl

Post by Didneywhorl »

It wont show all the bands. Those commands only show what that particular radio is tied to.

Unfortunately the script that MOFI uses to scan bands is a cool tool that I have zero clue how to get a hold of. I don't know of a way to do it manually.

Personally I do not like band locking unless there is a specific need. It limits the modems ability to dynamically adjust when towers go down, or radios on the towers act a fool. But I do see the value and, hell why not right? I get it.

One note. You can not choose what CA combos the modem will use, that I know of. You can only limit it to the bands themselves. So even though you would rather it CA B2 with B30 or something but it keeps using B66 as primary band, its just how the cookie crumbles. I wish we could program in CA preference order, and maybe we can, but I don't know it.
BV2020

From EP06 to EM12 I get "Msftconnecttest" redirect

Post by BV2020 »

Blows my mind. I have used the same plan with great success across several modems. Sticking with the same brand of modem, the EP06 works. Replacing with the EM12, it connects to the bands, but I get the "Msftconnecttest" redirect basically saying I have no data on my plan. That's wrong.

Putting the EP06 back in, I get the same thing UNTIL I SEND a text message or 2. Then all of the sudden I have internet.

That does not work with the EM12 though. And I have used this across different brands of modems. The EM12 is the FIRST that gave me this error.

looking for an answer.
Yipzy

Re: From EP06 to EM12 I get "Msftconnecttest" redirect

Post by Yipzy »

Who is your provider?
BV2020

Post by BV2020 »

Yipzy wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 11:44 pm Who is your provider?
I should have mentioned that.. LOL. It's ATT
Yipzy

Post by Yipzy »

BV2020 wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 11:40 am I should have mentioned that.. LOL. It's ATT
Start by checking what APNs are listed with EM12

AT+CGDCONT?
and the output of

AT+QMBNCFG="List"
Didneywhorl

Post by Didneywhorl »

BV2020 wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 10:18 pm Blows my mind. I have used the same plan with great success across several modems. Sticking with the same brand of modem, the EP06 works. Replacing with the EM12, it connects to the bands, but I get the "Msftconnecttest" redirect basically saying I have no data on my plan. That's wrong.

Putting the EP06 back in, I get the same thing UNTIL I SEND a text message or 2. Then all of the sudden I have internet.

That does not work with the EM12 though. And I have used this across different brands of modems. The EM12 is the FIRST that gave me this error.

looking for an answer.

Any update?

Return to “Misc Modem Cards and Dongles”