Help for Mofi 4500

Topics related to MoFi branded routers
Forum rules
Use the SEARCH function for related topics PRIOR to posting a new topic on the same subject.
Paul.W
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Help for Mofi 4500

Post by Paul.W »

I have a new Mofi router which i have been trying to setup. I removed a sim card from my working Verizon cell phone and installed it into my Mofi 4500, I could not get it to connect to the internet so I put it back into my phone. The data plan had been removed from the card. to prove my insanity, i tried another sim card from another phone and got the same results. i contacted the seller and haven't gotten anything back, i also talked to the person on YouTube that tells how to set it up and they said i maybe because the IEMI number didn't match. any suggestions : thanks
Orlimar1

Re: Help for Mofi 4500

Post by Orlimar1 »

Yeah this is new in the last few months. We have the Verizon FUDP plan. The last time I went to put my sim card in my mofi it locked me out. I also immediately received an email from Verizon stating my plan wasn't compatible with that device. I had to contact the fraud department to get my line working again. In the past I had been able to use my sim card in the Mofi.
Paul.W

Post by Paul.W »

thanks, i have a data plan now and after 3 hours on the phone with Verizon i have it working but now i have to play with the TTL settings
Orlimar1

Post by Orlimar1 »

Paul.W wrote: Tue Aug 25, 2020 1:11 pm thanks, i have a data plan now and after 3 hours on the phone with Verizon i have it working but now i have to play with the TTL settings
So what plan are you going to try to use in the Mofi? Keep me updated please!!
thisisthetrick

Post by thisisthetrick »

Hey guys,

I have been using the Mofi 4500 v4. I would not recommend using your everyday sim. As you can see it can be a big hassle. Best thing I can recommend is to go to walmart and grab the cheapest StraightTalk phone and a $55 unlimited plan. Use the phone to activate the sim before putting it into the mofi 4500.

You will have to create an account. You can make up an email as you do not need to verify it when you are activating the sim. I have been doing this for several months and it works like a charm. Unlimited data.... kind of, at 60gb used they could slow the speed or close the account. I have run over 130gb through a sim almost every month... I just buy a new sim instead of reloading the used one, StraightTalk will wait until you reload the prepaid.... Then slam your speeds lol, been there on two occasions before figuring out what was going on.

I can go into greater detail.... No problem, just let me know.
Dougs

Post by Dougs »

I have a visible sim coming today. I’ll let you know how that goes. I currently use att with a data only plan.. it’s only 50g though. What kind of speeds do you get with straight talk?

Return to “MoFi Routers”