How to put EM12-G into QMI mode?

Misc Mini PCI-E and M.2 Modem Card and USB Dongle Topics
Forum rules
Use the SEARCH function for related topics PRIOR to posting a new topic on the same subject.
ciarlill
Been thanked: 0

How to put EM12-G into QMI mode?

Post by ciarlill »

Can anyone verify the correct AT commands to do this? It is currently showing in MBIM mode in Rooter.

I found: https://www.wirelessjoint.com/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=674#p5763 but JimHelm's response (https://www.wirelessjoint.com/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=674#p6172) makes me nervous about entering it.
prideauxx

Re: How to put EM12-G into QMI mode?

Post by prideauxx »

Hi there,

I own an EM12-G too. Cannot take the credit for the info, I got it from BillA, who would likely be answering this if I had not beat him to the punch!

From BillA:
Mode change commands:

AT+QCFG="usbnet",0
Place into QMI

If that doesn't work then try:

AT+QPRTPARA=3
Master reset

I have semi vague memory of this, as it was 0-dark-30 when I got the info to try. I do remember it working (and not harming anything). I also remember rebooting several times.

Hope this helps!
Viper67857

Post by Viper67857 »

I'm not home to check my current usbnet setting, but I'm pretty sure 0 is correct for QMI.. I know 2 is MBIM (had much slower pings on that) and when I accidentally put it on 1 I couldn't do shit from my goldenorb router... Had to connect it back to the Asus to be able to issue AT commands through the Linux shell..
Didneywhorl

Post by Didneywhorl »

Code: Select all

AT+QCFG="usbnet",0
is for QMI mode

AT+QCFG="usbnet",2
is for MBIM mode

It will not take true effect until you hard, or power, cycle the modem. Best way I like is to then run the command

AT+CFUN=1,1
after the "usbnet" command.

Then I like to reboot the router for good measure.

Rebooting the router alone WILL NOT hard cycle the modem. It must either be fully powered down or run the command

AT+CFUN=1,1
The router loads the drivers for the protocol only upon boot and hard modem resets. Safest bet.

You do not need to use the AT+QPRTPARA=3 command to get the mode to change. Please don't use that command unless you've got some issues that don't seem to resolve.

Let my previous headaches keep you from getting headaches. ;)

Return to “Misc Modem Cards and Dongles”