Spitz X750

ROUTER Topics that are general or unclassified in nature, or does not belong elsewhere
Forum rules
Please assure there is not an existing forum and topic related to your post
juicedupchaos

Spitz X750

Post by juicedupchaos »

So I bought a Spitz X750 with a ec25af. I bought a ea06-a as an upgrade (i’m using at&t and get all their bands nicely in my apartment) for the carrier aggregation and price of it. i got it for $60 shipped which i figured to be a good price. i would have bought the ep06a version of the x750 but i didn’t feel like waiting for it to get here from china, so i found the ec25 version on ebay. i kinda needed internet that second.

of course the ep06a gets here and that’s when i finally decided to try opening this router

it seems this modem/router has snap in plastic. i’ve been able to get it to unsnap all around but it still feels like there’s something in there holding it down. i don’t want to pull to hard to break it.

tl;dr has anyone taken apart a X750? just want to replace the modem card.
Didneywhorl

Re: Spitz X750

Post by Didneywhorl »

I haven't, but the manufacturers LOVE to hide screws under labels and other stickers as well as rubber "feet"/pads
juicedupchaos

Post by juicedupchaos »

Thanks for the tip. I’ll check under the stickers now. i was checking under the runner feet and they were clear. i’m shocked they would make it that difficult to switch out modems. then again that’s just another reason to get us to buy the other version. time to go tinker with it again! Really wanna be able to change the imei on it too and I can confirm at least to my ability you can change the imei on the ef25af. the at command doesn’t work. i’ll update if i get it.

it would be nice to just buy a $35 dollar prepaid cheap at&t phone register this sim in there, then put it in my spitz but i feel like they’d notice the imei change and i would lose that carrier aggregation for the ebay ep06 which i definitely cant return lol.

Update: There were definitely two screws under one of the stickers. The ep06a has been installed nice and smoothly
Time-Pilot

Post by Time-Pilot »

What kind of speed increase did you see upgrading to the EP06-A?

Where did you buy it from, I'm looking to do the same exact upgrade.
SlickWickz
Has thanked: 0

Post by SlickWickz »

I'm curious about the process for all of this. I have 2 of the spitz routers and could easily take at least one of them apart if I could upgrade it by a lot. I'd love to be able to use it as a pass through to ethernet to my Gryphon router. Looking for a solution to that right now actually.
frank33v
Been thanked: 0

Post by frank33v »

Is anyone having much luck with this router and the ep-06a?

I get minimal CA when the router first reboots and then not again. I am lucky to get 4-7Mbps speed tests or 10-12 when two bands aggregate after a reboot. My old iphone 7+ gets over 50.

I know the iphone is a better modem but seems I should be getting better than 4 on average.

Are these stock antennas really bad? Is there a problem with the ep-06a firmware and CA?
My Firmware version
AT+CGMR
EP06ALAR02A07M4G

I tried GoldenOrb and now on stock GL firmware and the results are the same.

Is this a GL problem?,, Will I do better if I move the modem to another router or USB enclosure
Didneywhorl

Post by Didneywhorl »

The latest EP06A firmware is ....A08M4G . Im not sure why your having CA issues, though you may want to take it for a car ride with an inverter and see if you get differnet results on another tower.

Honestly it sounds like ATT hijinks, as they are known to shut off CA after a little while of being connect to one tower.
frank33v

Post by frank33v »

Yea I think a car ride is my last step to take with this one. I gave up and put my visible sim in the x750 and we are enjoying a little bandwidth for awhile.

I am going to put the SIM back in my ipad. I don't know how to see if CA is working or not with it but if performance takes a similar dive I will have more evidence that its carrier or signal related.

If it is ATT hijinks there is no use spending more money on another solution for my ipad sim...at least at this location. We are in an RV.

I am curious to hear about others experiences with the EP06a in the x750 using AT&T in the USA.
frank33v

Post by frank33v »

So after using the x750/ep06 on Visible for the day, the following day it would not stay connected.
Moved it to an older unite pro and put the x750 aside. It has been stable since then.

My at&t sim that was moved back to the ipad at this location has had great speeds and no slowdowns, so no AT&T hijinks that I can perceive in this configuration.

Has anyone had any success with the x750 and an ep06a???

Return to “General and Unclassified”