Looking for confirmation on my 4G LTE solution.

ROUTER Topics that are general or unclassified in nature, or does not belong elsewhere
Forum rules
Please assure there is not an existing forum and topic related to your post
UsuallyResourceful
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Looking for confirmation on my 4G LTE solution.

Post by UsuallyResourceful »

Hello all,

So after doing some extensive research within Wireless Joint and the internet. I think I have a solution for my home internet, but I wanted to see if the community could chime in with any better solution.

Just a little bit of background. I have a strong Verizon signal, and a fair T-Mobile signal.

I am going to buy the verizon Mifi 8800l, and the GL.iNet GL-AR750S. The Mifi 8800l for the service, and the GL-AR750S to get the service from the Mifi 8800l to my mesh routers.

Thanks in advance.
swwifty

Re: Looking for confirmation on my 4G LTE solution.

Post by swwifty »

you wouldn't just use the GL-AR750S for access? What are these mesh routers you talking about? You mean mesh APs?
UsuallyResourceful
Been thanked: 0

Post by UsuallyResourceful »

Thank you for the reply Swwifty.

I don’t think that little box is going to have the WiFi range I am looking for, but I could be wrong. Only reason I choose the GL-AR750S is because I couldn’t find a well reviewed, cheaper, wired router, with a USB port, and was on the compatibility list for OpenWRT. I am definitely open to any suggestions.

I am not sure if the GL-AR750S can be in router mode when it is configured in client mode. If it can, I would use my ASUS router as just an AP. If not my ASUS router would be a router.

The second ASUS router is in mesh mode, so it’s just a seamless AP. There was a micro center deal last year so I got two routers that can be used in mesh mode. But you are correct, the setting makes them mesh AP’s.
swwifty

Post by swwifty »

UsuallyResourceful wrote: Fri Dec 28, 2018 11:08 pm Thank you for the reply Swwifty.

I don’t think that little box is going to have the WiFi range I am looking for, but I could be wrong. Only reason I choose the GL-AR750S is because I couldn’t find a well reviewed, cheaper, wired router, with a USB port, and was on the compatibility list for OpenWRT. I am definitely open to any suggestions.

I am not sure if the GL-AR750S can be in router mode when it is configured in client mode. If it can, I would use my ASUS router as just an AP. If not my ASUS router would be a router.

The second ASUS router is in mesh mode, so it’s just a seamless AP. There was a micro center deal last year so I got two routers that can be used in mesh mode. But you are correct, the setting makes them mesh AP’s.
I'm not super familiar with these devices unfortunately, but will say, if you want more range from your wifi use 2.4ghz for sure.
brad2388

Post by brad2388 »

Im actually using the gli mt-400n with the 7730 hotspot. This allows me to us the ttl also.

Return to “General and Unclassified”