Need help buying best antenna for Mifi 8000

Topics related to wireless broadband antennas
Forum rules
Use the SEARCH function for related topics PRIOR to posting a new topic on the same subject.
Diebog
Been thanked: 0

Need help buying best antenna for Mifi 8000

Post by Diebog »

Hi all. I'm new here. Name is Jeremy. I bought a Mifi 8000 as I had no other internet options where I live. I'm in the California foothills. Grass valley to be particular. I get ok signal but would like to add an exterior antenna. I am tethering the Mifi to a Asus RT-AC68U. The ports on the Mifif hotspot have t-9 connectors I read. I don't know anything about this stuff so I'm hoping someone has this Mifi hotspot and knows the best antenna to get. I've looked up ones like the https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B083J3F9N2/ and a cross directional one like https://www.amazon.com/Proxicast-Cross- ... B01NBSLNJ6

I just don't want to buy something that won't work. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Didneywhorl

Re: Need help buying best antenna for Mifi 8000

Post by Didneywhorl »

How far are you from your cell towers? You should locate them and figure out which cellular bands are available on them for your use.

This is important for antenna selection and use.
Diebog
Been thanked: 0

Post by Diebog »

That's another question I had and was going to ask. I've tried using sprints tower locater but it's not working. At least for me it won't. I've looked through the tower forum and read some people's same questions but they have info like the cell id, MCC, LAC etc. to use the cell tower located site. I've looked through all the settings on the Mifi and it just doesn't show any of these settings. I use verizon for my cell phone. So how do I go about finding this info so I can locate the tower I'm using. And how do I figure out which hands are available? Under the Mifi settings it did say I was on band 25. But I don't know if there are others. I'm new to all of this stuff. Any help again is greatly appreciated.

I'll post a question in the tower thread for help finding tower with Mifi 8000
Didneywhorl

Post by Didneywhorl »

The Wireless Haven offers a cellular site survey service

Return to “Cellular Antennas”