3G /HSPA+ and 2 antennas

Questions and Support related to Antennas & Cables
Forum rules
Use the SEARCH function for related issues PRIOR to posting for assistance.
56387f

3G /HSPA+ and 2 antennas

Post by 56387f »

Hello,

I have a question about 3G / HSPA+ network.
Does it make sense / Will it do any good/ Can it work in principle for MC7455 to install two (most likely flat panel or parabolic grid ) antennas and point them out to 2 different towers? I am speaking (theoretically, cannot check anything) strictly about 3G / HSPA+ network 900/2100 Mhz.

The problem is that there are 3 3G/HSPA+ towers around:

a) 800 meters from MOFI , LOS available, the tower can be very congested during peak hours (download speed goes down to 0, upload speed is ok);

b) 3km from MOFI , LOS might not be available (all things (airlink and such) considered, 80% probability of LOS), the tower is not congested, connection is not stable, upload speed is not great, download speed not great but better than 0;

c) 5km from MOFI , LOS might not be available (all things (airlink and such) considered, 60% probability of LOS), the tower is not congested, connection is not stable,upload speed is not great, download speed is not great but better than 0;

So, what I would like to achieve is to use the closed tower a and b or c at the same time but I don't know if 3G/HSPA+ technology allows that. And if I can, looks like there is no point in getting MIMO, I simply need a flat panel to get signal from the tower a and may be another flat panel or parabolic grid antenna to get the signal from the tower b or c.

Does it make any sense at all?
Didneywhorl

Re: 3G /HSPA+ and 2 antennas

Post by Didneywhorl »

I dont believe so, because the modem established one link at a time. I could be wrong

Return to “Questions and Support”