AT-Command Terminal woes on GoldenOrb 2020-03-01 (OpenWrt 18.06.7)

Topics related to OpenWRT, LEDE, GoldenOrb, Linux and other firmware
Forum rules
Use the SEARCH function for related topics PRIOR to posting a new topic on the same subject.
LoveMeSomeCALTE

AT-Command Terminal woes on GoldenOrb 2020-03-01 (OpenWrt 18.06.7)

Post by LoveMeSomeCALTE »

First, I really appreciate the work that's gone into the GoldenOrb 2020-03-01 build

Some questions:

1. It seems there's a custom "The Wireless Haven" version of the GoldenOrb build? If so, what additional magic goes in there vs. the stock GoldenOrb build?

2. Is this a good forum to ask (and complain about) GoldenOrb builds? Or is there a better suited one?

3. My biggest gripe right at this point is the terminal interface, to begin with.

You can access it under "Miscellaneous Modem Features" there's a helpful "AT-Command Terminal" where you can type in an "AT-Command"

It does not work well with commands that take a while to respond

For example, AT+COPS=?, instead of actually returning the expected list just gets stuck at "Waiting for a Response" and the whole UI/LuCI goes unresponsive for a few minutes

In the "Modem Debug Information" page I see:

Tue Jul 7 01:01:02 2020 : /dev/ttyUSB2 AT+COPS=?
TIMEOUT ERROR

Because of this, I currently:

1. Have to detach the LTE modem from the router
2. Connect it to a PC and run the long running command
3. Reattach the LTE modem to the router

Annoying!

Perhaps a workaround is to enable SSH access and then run minicom against /dev/ttyUSB2 on the router?
Didneywhorl

Re: AT-Command Terminal woes on GoldenOrb 2020-03-01 (OpenWrt 18.06.7)

Post by Didneywhorl »

1. The Wireless Haven version has a few nuggets added, nothing major different overall.
2. This is a great place to talk goldenorb/rooter, but the main dev board is https://forums.whirlpool.net.au/thread/3vx1k1r3?p=650
3.-ish I believe you can ssh into any goldenorb/rooter router. [url]http://ofmodemsandmen.com[/url] should have a tutorial on how to ssh in.

Return to “Firmware”