Mofi 4500 Sim7 Ipv6 (Tmobile)

ROUTER Topics that are general or unclassified in nature, or does not belong elsewhere
Forum rules
Please assure there is not an existing forum and topic related to your post
DonovanG03
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Mofi 4500 Sim7 Ipv6 (Tmobile)

Post by DonovanG03 »

Hello, first post, new here. I was reading up, you guys are very helpful here!

My problem is within the mofi 4500 software. I want to enable ipv6 but I got to enable it and it doesn't seem to do anything. I go to the status page on the mofi router and it says that it's not connected only ipv4. I'm using ipv6 on my phone (both on tmobile). I have 80% signal strength and get about 60mbps-80 down and 30-50mbps up. My connection to the tower doesn't seem like the problem. My apn on my phonr and on the router is the exact same. No idea what's going on. Setting up a antenna tomorrow to increase the connection to 100% On band 2 20mhz
Didneywhorl

Re: Mofi 4500 Sim7 Ipv6 (Tmobile)

Post by Didneywhorl »

The MOFI SIM7 uses a category 4 LTE modem, the Quectel EC25AF. It is a great modem, and connects to some of the rarer cellular bands, like B71, but it is a bit old. Your phone likely has a Category 16 or greater modem inside. The difference is Cat4 modems cannot use Carrier Aggregation, and is only 2x2 MIMO, and only supports certain frequency bands. Your phone likely has 4 internal antennas for 4x4 MIMO and also supports 4x Carrier Aggregation (CA). The phone antennas are also optimized and amped with power.

To compare the two in a speed test is to compare a golf kart to a sports car. Not a great comparison.

Last, the MOFI4500, all versions cannot do more than about 85Mbps on the LAN ports, and likely the same, or close on wifi.

A good pair of LTE antennas are always a good thing, but make sure your not wasting your money looking for something that the MOFI cannot provide.
LoveMeSomeCALTE

Re: Mofi 4500 Sim7 Ipv6 (Tmobile)

Post by LoveMeSomeCALTE »

Upgrade to the EP06A?

... or the EM06-A?

Return to “General and Unclassified”