Modem/Router Swap procedure

ROUTER Topics that are general or unclassified in nature, or does not belong elsewhere
Forum rules
Please assure there is not an existing forum and topic related to your post
mlumb7
Has thanked: 0

Modem/Router Swap procedure

Post by mlumb7 »

I have a grandfathered AT&T wireless home internet account and use an MF279 that has been giving me trouble.
I purchased an IFWA-40 to replace it. What do I have to do when it arrives? Can I just SIM swap? Do I have to contact AT&T and pay an activation charge even though its a 1 for 1 swap?

Thank You
Viper67857

Re: Modem/Router Swap procedure

Post by Viper67857 »

With AT&T, simply swapping over the sim and making sure the APN is correct is generally all you ever need to do
Didneywhorl

Post by Didneywhorl »

I second what Viper said. I think thats all it takes
MattB29

Post by MattB29 »

Unfortunately you could lose your Grandfathered service by swapping the sim. The IMEI of your new device would have to be acceptable to AT&T and the swap approved by them.
mlumb7
Has thanked: 0

Post by mlumb7 »

Thank you all. I ended up bringing it to an AT&T store and the person there said just swap the sim s as well. I explained adamantly how I did not want my account screwed up and he also changed the imei in the system. He of course did it wrong, and I got home to find none of it worked and had to go back the next day. The second time I was good. No account issues the modem functions on my old account. I’m STILL having the issues I was grabbing with my old modem but that’s a discussion for a different post I think.

Return to “General and Unclassified”