Not sure If I'm having a router issue or software issue WE1026

ROUTER Topics that are general or unclassified in nature, or does not belong elsewhere
Forum rules
Please assure there is not an existing forum and topic related to your post
Greenday1

Not sure If I'm having a router issue or software issue WE1026

Post by Greenday1 »

I'm running a WE1026-5G LTE Router Dual Band WiFi 2.5GHz | 5GHz router with a Quectel EM20-G CAT20 M.2 Modem. About 4 weeks ago it would occasionally say connected, no internet and I could still open a browser and get the router. Didn't matter if i left it alone for hours or days. It would not reconnect on it's own. The only way to connect to the internet again is to unplug it and plug it back in. Over about 4 weeks it gone from doing that maybe once a week to several times a day. Really need some help to troubleshoot.
Didneywhorl

Re: Not sure If I'm having a router issue or software issue WE1026

Post by Didneywhorl »

Did you post this on the facebook group too? I swear I've already seen this. lol

After all that trouble you had at first in April, now this? Dang. Well let me know if I'm not crazy and we are doing the help on facebook.
BillA

Post by BillA »

Greenday1 wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 6:14 pm I'm running a WE1026-5G LTE Router Dual Band WiFi 2.5GHz | 5GHz router with a Quectel EM20-G CAT20 M.2 Modem. About 4 weeks ago it would occasionally say connected, no internet and I could still open a browser and get the router. Didn't matter if i left it alone for hours or days. It would not reconnect on it's own. The only way to connect to the internet again is to unplug it and plug it back in. Over about 4 weeks it gone from doing that maybe once a week to several times a day. Really need some help to troubleshoot.

Could be caused by an under powered or failing power adapter, try a new 2.5Amp or higher adapter.
You could also try turning on the following features under:

Services > Scheduled Reboot > Reboot > set it to 12am to force reboot once a day at midnight.
Services > The Wireless Haven Ping Test > set it to Enabled.

Then there's also Connection Monitoring available, but I never had much success with it, the above two options should suffice.
Modem > Connection Profile > Default Profile > Connection Monitoring > set it to Enabled with Router Reboot whenever the modem gets stuck on failed pings.
Greenday1

Post by Greenday1 »

Under System I don't have a Scheduled Reboot menu option and I don't see it under any of the sub menu options.
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/yYeZp ... E9lQ=w2400
There is a Scheduled Tasks sub menu but it's just an open field so if this is it I'm guessing it will need to be a comman of some sort.

Can you also let me know setting I should use for connection Monitoring?

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/DScOy ... k91w=w2400

Thanks
Greenday1

Post by Greenday1 »

I'll have to order a new power adapter if its possible mine is failing.
Greenday1

Post by Greenday1 »

Didneywhorl wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 11:35 pm Did you post this on the facebook group too? I swear I've already seen this. lol

After all that trouble you had at first in April, now this? Dang. Well let me know if I'm not crazy and we are doing the help on facebook.
I did sorry about that. Couldn't get at the LTE website so posed there as I didn't know if this was running or not.
Didneywhorl

Post by Didneywhorl »

Enter in the Tracking IP of like 1.1.1.1 or 8.8.8.8 for connection monitoring
Didneywhorl

Post by Didneywhorl »

And I would change it to modem reboot instead of router reboot. But you can try either way.
BillA

Post by BillA »

Greenday1 wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 7:21 pm Under System I don't have a Scheduled Reboot menu option and I don't see it under any of the sub menu options.
There is a Scheduled Tasks sub menu but it's just an open field so if this is it I'm guessing it will need to be a comman of some sort.

Thanks

Sorry the Scheduled Reboot feature is under Services > Scheduled Reboot.

Services > Scheduled Reboot > Reboot > set it to 12am to force reboot once a day at midnight.
Services > The Wireless Haven Ping Test > set it to Enabled.

You may use both options at the same time, but first I would try them one at a time to see which one does a better job.
The The Wireless Haven Ping Test will attempt to reboot the modem/router when it's unable to reach the ping servers, while the Scheduled Reboot will force reboot the router once a day based on the time you set.
khuffmanjr
Has thanked: 0

Post by khuffmanjr »

This is likely the same problem everyone else is having with AT&T right now. All router, many plans.

One proposed workaround is using a VPN with a port other than 80 and 443.

Also, this likely only affects people that have hit 22GB of usage in the current billing cycle.

Good luck to us all!

Ken

Return to “General and Unclassified”