AT&T Plans Changing

Topics on Service Providers, Deals, Options, Etc.
Forum rules
No internet reseller is permitted to market their services. No Exceptions.
scuba_steve999
Been thanked: 0

AT&T Plans Changing

Post by scuba_steve999 »

There has been some discussion on the www.reddit.com/r/rural_internet subreddit that AT&T is going to be discontinuing the 400GB wholesale plan. As I understand it, this plan is what a lot of the pop-up "unlimited AT&T LTE internet" websites are offering. Notably, the claim is that the plans will be discontinued but existing plans will be maintained assuming accounts are in good standing.

Has anyone here heard anything related to this news? To be clear, it seems like just one reddit user making these claims, so I thought I'd see if anyone here could confirm what is going on.

Also for background/context on the AT&T unlimited LTE scene has been:
* People using $35 iPad plans in LTE routers and AT&T stopped this (April 2020)
* AT&T announces that their "reseller/wholesale" plans will start being capped at 400GB. At the same time they also announced another option for non-capped but throttled service at 12mbps (up/down - as far as I know). (May 2020)
* Hearing rumors now that the 400GB plan will be discontinued and replaced with a more expensive option with less data. (June 2020)

Thanks to anyone who can help keep up with the news. And please fact check me if any of this sounds off...this is all reported here as second-hand information.
scuba_steve999
Been thanked: 0

Re: AT&T Plans Changing

Post by scuba_steve999 »

Sorry I posted this twice! There was an error on the site with my first post and I submitted it again. Hopefully the mods can delete one of the dupes!
terryjett

Post by terryjett »

Love Reddit but it can be a rumor mill. Have not heard that about AT&T. Nevertheless I want to subscribe to this thread and see what others have to say :) Could be true...
ylrkdr

Post by ylrkdr »

Using a sim from an ebay reseller at $65/mo, and currently at 660GB this month, no throttling as far as I can tell.
LoveMeSomeCALTE

Post by LoveMeSomeCALTE »

Would really appreciate some details about the 400GB wholesale plan, specially who on ebay are selling it. Have been using TMobile until early July.
poodad

Post by poodad »

Interesting. I've was trying to sign up with a somewhat local provider for AT&T 400GB service. I was all ready to pull the trigger and they informed my that they were "out" of AT&T. They could only sign me up for their cheaper T-Mobile plan.

May be some truth to the rumor.

Return to “Internet Service Providers”