AT&T ZTE MF279 firmware update

Topics related to OpenWRT, LEDE, GoldenOrb, Linux and other firmware
Forum rules
Use the SEARCH function for related topics PRIOR to posting a new topic on the same subject.
mlumb7
Has thanked: 0

AT&T ZTE MF279 firmware update

Post by mlumb7 »

I have a ZTE MF279 wireless Home Internet Modem/Router from AT&T. It has been problematic for a while and I recently discovered that I can't update to the v 1.11 firmware because I'm running the v1.7 firmware which has a bug that doesn't allow you to update. Does anyone know if there is a manual update process? I know there is a USB port (possibly a service post)on the bottom under the cover. Anyone have any suggestions/info?
terryjett

Re: AT&T ZTE MF279 firmware update

Post by terryjett »

Welcome to the forum!

Have one myself sitting on closet shelf. Figured would hold on to it until found way to upgrade the firmware. Not looking good. Maybe someone will see this post and provide good news :)

Here is some info you may have already seen:

https://forums.att.com/conversations/ot ... f6061789f4
mlumb7
Has thanked: 0

Post by mlumb7 »

Thanks, I had seen that post and have to agree with the poster. Just seems dumb that there is no USB, or Ethernet method to update the firmware, ONLY through the GUI? Poor Design. So if you have one in the closet, what are you using now?
terryjett

Post by terryjett »

mlumb7 wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 12:11 am Thanks, I had seen that post and have to agree with the poster. Just seems dumb that there is no USB, or Ethernet method to update the firmware, ONLY through the GUI? Poor Design. So if you have one in the closet, what are you using now?
Very poor design but like a fox. In other words they can sell more.

I am hooked on the WE826 series (now called NEXQ6GO). Solid little router for the dollar. I am not a gamer nor do I need 1 terabyte of data a month so that level of router is good for me. Take a look here to explore https://www.facebook.com/netsolution.sh ... e_internal

If you need a good setup, hit them up over on Facebook at above URL.

Return to “Firmware”