WG3526 EM7565 T-MOBILE disconnecting every 3 hours

Misc Mini PCI-E and M.2 Modem Card and USB Dongle Topics
Forum rules
Use the SEARCH function for related topics PRIOR to posting a new topic on the same subject.
Sparky35
Has thanked: 0

WG3526 EM7565 T-MOBILE disconnecting every 3 hours

Post by Sparky35 »

I am hoping someone can help, I do not know what I m doing wrong but think I can describe what is happening. I'm using a WG3626 router with the latest Wifix 2020-05-16 firmware, Sierra Wireless EM7565 latest generic firmware flashed twice and T-mobile simply prepaid unlimited. Currently I am set to all lte bands, and the modem automatically connects to B66 and when it is active shows carrier aggregation with B1. I am getting speeds around 70 down 10 up. Everything works well when I first connect but after three hours the IPv6 upstream shown in the Status>Overview page goes blank and I loose internet. Unfortunately I do not really know what I am talking about, but it looks like each time the IPv4 upstream lease expires the IPv6 fails to reconnect. The IPv4 renews its lease time but not IPv6. This means I loose my internet connection roughly every 3 hours which is a real problem if I am in a zoom meeting. At first I thought this was a T-mobile problem but found someone else here having the same issue with Visible, and sadly no solution was posted on their disconnect problem. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.
Viper67857

Re: WG3526 EM7565 T-MOBILE disconnecting every 3 hours

Post by Viper67857 »

Have you tried just disabling all the ipv6 stuff? It generally isn't necessary as most providers don't even give ipv6 addresses yet.
Sparky35

Post by Sparky35 »

I did try this command at one point to no avail: at!custom="IPV6ENABLE",0
Sparky35

Post by Sparky35 »

Been there done that...
The problem is the T-mobile service I subscribed to. All of the problems I have had are based on the plan. Simply Unlimited Prepaid did not support my expectations. For a few $more everything is working with a postpaid plan.
I hope someone finds my mistakes helpful with solving their problems.
This is a great site!
Thanks
palikacska
Been thanked: 0

Post by palikacska »

What exactly caused the disconnects? Was it forced by T-Mobile, according to their prepaid plan?
redapse

Post by redapse »

I'm also curious about this, seeing similar behavior
LoveMeSomeCALTE

Post by LoveMeSomeCALTE »

This behavior is new to me and just started to happen to me this morning.

The specific plan is a Teltik $60/mo unlimited plan which has been rock solid for months.

My T-Mobile data resets every 11th and I'm 4GB into it so this is not even hitting network management thresholds.
LoveMeSomeCALTE

Can confirm this is no one off issue. Being dropping connection repeatedly every ~30 minutes

I live in Socal desert.

redapse, if you dont mind, an approx. location please?

Also if the issue's gone on your end, please, update.

I'm headed out to the church and then the community center

Might be related: https://www.reddit.com/r/tmobile/commen ... available/
redapse

Post by redapse »

I'm in Minnesota, Band 66. It's still happening. WiFi disabled, ipv6 all disabled. T mobile prepaid unlimited. I haven't tried a different power adapter, but I kind of doubt that's the reason for this.
prettyfly4aflyguy
Been thanked: 0

Post by prettyfly4aflyguy »

I am having this issue as well. I am using a linksys 3200 acm with em7565 modem. I was in the process of setting up the router when this started happening. I can reset the modem to restore service only to be disconnected within approximately 5 minutes. Modem reconnects but RRC is idle. Using tmobile band 2 and band 66. Tmobile postpaid.
Didneywhorl

Post by Didneywhorl »

It seems this is nationwide. Tmo is making tower changes as it runs through all of Sprints equipment. Time may tell what is happening
LoveMeSomeCALTE

My Tmo disconnection woes reduced from once every 30 minutes since the 12th to twice every day now with high probability during peak hours beginning the 15th.

I am at 22GB total traffic so no network managed yet.

My Tmo used to be rock solid before this. Now I can no longer count on it to not drop my Zoom calls during work hours. Surfing/Youtube etc is fine.

So I have to redirect Zoom calls over my ATT iPad plan, which means I have to purchase another modem, I mean iPad, and setup traffic routing on the router.

Every Zoom call costs me 0.500 - 1GB, so I burn ~22GB/mo on the ATT iPad plan which is a bit too close for comfort.

Ideally ATT wants to see 3GB on the ATT iPad plan but not everyone has been bumped off yet so I am taking some risks for now, hoping the multi GB folks are still on the top of reports while I am below the cutoff, as I figure out other plans.

Tmo has improved download speeds though.

My Tmo download speed has doubled from 60Mbps to 120Mbps - so some network upgrades were (are being) done the last few days.

No WISP can offer this kind of bandwidth short of setting aside dedicated spectrum for me which is multiple hundreds of dollars.
LateParrot

Post by LateParrot »

Same problem with my setup since I switched to TMobile prepaid in may, but there's no specific time frame. Some days it runs without any problems, other days I'm rebooting it every 30 minutes. I've noticed the SNR dropping and RRC goes idle. I've got a sim with a much older prepaid plan in my Android phone that's been having issues lately too.
Byulos

Post by Byulos »

Anyone find a solution to this? Having the same problems.
Byulos

Post by Byulos »

Sparky35 wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 8:23 pm Been there done that...
The problem is the T-mobile service I subscribed to. All of the problems I have had are based on the plan. Simply Unlimited Prepaid did not support my expectations. For a few $more everything is working with a postpaid plan.
I hope someone finds my mistakes helpful with solving their problems.
This is a great site!
Thanks
So you went from the Simply Unlimited Prepaid to one of the post paid plans and it fixed all your issues? I am having the exact same problems, and am on the same prepaid plan. Thanks!
Sparky35

Post by Sparky35 »

I am sorry I dropped out of the conversation. Things were fixed temporarily with my plan change, then they came back. I felt like it was only me and abandoned ship and dumped TMO. This is a real problem and I feel bad that I left others thinking it was fixed because I moved on. I have had better luck minus speeds with Visible, but would rather get TMO to work. Maybe someone will figure this out...hope so.
Sparky35

Post by Sparky35 »

One last point that might help someone solve this problem: If I use a VPN TMO works fine, but that means its costing twice as much in the long run and then is not worth it to me.
ChrisTork

Post by ChrisTork »

I notice this happening every 3 hours also. I don't have connection monitor on so it doesn't restart anything to cause the whole connection to rebuild. Technically it's still online as the radio shows still connected, just the internet connection becomes unstable. Pings will drop out and come back for about 30 min every 3 hours. After this period the connection is stable again for the next 3 hours without any reboots or reconnects.
ChrisTork

Post by ChrisTork »

I have more details on this, this only starts happening when you go over 50GB (prioritized data). Once it hits the deprioritized state, the connection just goes all to crap. You would think they would just slow the connection down and not just block packets all together.
gscheb

Post by gscheb »

Is this all prepaid T-Mobile?
Have post pay and doing the same as always. Had a few issues when they where performing tower maintenance. Go out hours or days but once that over fine again. Got three houses on it and doing fine.
Only current issue is my house won't do carrier aggregation no more and other houses will. Thinking must be the certain sector antenna I am connecting to.
Groessleriv

Post by Groessleriv »

Mine is doing it. I'm post paid TMO. Any solutions yet? Seems to block me from the tower I want, even with different modems
Dr-BroadBand

Post by Dr-BroadBand »

Fyi.

AT&T Announces Unlimited Elite Plan Upgrades: More Hotspot, Premium Data and 4K Video
https://youtu.be/mqZ1EaHX7aA

T-Mobile Mobile Internet 100GB for $50/mo Plan for Routers & Hotspots
https://youtu.be/Cy9jld_7lSk
BillA

Post by BillA »

There seems to be some funky stuff going on with the Tmobile network lately. For about a month now I've been noticing some random disconnects on both routers and phones (regardless if tethered or not). I've talked to several users around the country, and looks like it's happening just about everywhere. Currently Tmobile is in the process of converting Sprint's towers along with their legacy towers to 4G/5G, perhaps the handoff mechanisms haven't been worked out yet properly. Hopefully Tmobile will fix it soon in their network, in the meantime here are a couple of possible solutions.

A solution to keep the mobile connection alive constantly is by streaming a web page in the background such as this stock quote link:

https://www.tradingview.com/chart/?symbol=BTCUSD

It should be run in a web browser on any device which is constantly connected to the router (24/7) such as a phone, tablet, or preferably a PC because even a minimized browser window/tab is being updated in the background. It uses very little data while keeping the connection alive. And might as well trade some Bitcoin to get rich (or poor). lol Ever since I started to use this link, I haven't had a single disconnection for months, your mileage may vary.

As an additional measure, your could enable the The Wireless Haven Ping Test or Connection Monitoring to restart the modem, but only one option should be used at a time in order to avoid any conflicts.

Services > The Wireless Haven Ping Test > set it to Enabled
OR but not both
Modem > Connection Profile > Default Profile > Connection Monitoring > there are several restart options available to try

Return to “Misc Modem Cards and Dongles”