MOFI4500 Keeps renewing DHCP and dropping

Topics related to MoFi branded routers
Forum rules
Use the SEARCH function for related topics PRIOR to posting a new topic on the same subject.
WwRGSwW
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

MOFI4500 Keeps renewing DHCP and dropping

Post by WwRGSwW »

Im having a weird issue with my MOFI. at least 3 times a day if not more its dropping connection. Its running goldenorb 3-1-2020. It will be connected running fine through t-mobile, but then drop off line. If I go into the interface and disconnect WWAN wait 20 and reconnect, it seems to sometimes fix it. Other times I have to reboot it.

I don't notice this when running the visible SIM in it, only T-Mobile. I also had to switch it to QMI to get the T-Mobile SIM to activate.

When I look in the logs, I am seeing it renewing the DHCP with T-Mobile almost every hour. Is this normal?
Screen Shot 2020-06-16 at 5.59.43 PM.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Didneywhorl

Re: MOFI4500 Keeps renewing DHCP and dropping

Post by Didneywhorl »

Is it truly disconnecting the link? Or are you losing your modem? Or are you over your data limit and just getting throttled into the shadow realm?
WwRGSwW

Post by WwRGSwW »

Didneywhorl wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 1:09 pm Is it truly disconnecting the link? Or are you losing your modem? Or are you over your data limit and just getting throttled into the shadow realm?
I am over my data limit, and the signal strength sits at about 45-50%. When its working, I get good speed still, but the DHCP renews are like clock work. Its almost exactly every hour. Modem looks like It stays connected. I can see it, and talk to it. Usually I can fix it by disconnecting wwan0 for 20 seconds and then restart it.
Didneywhorl

Post by Didneywhorl »

Check your system log and see if you have a modem monitor message that is rebooting your modem.
WwRGSwW

Post by WwRGSwW »

I don't see anything like that, its usually just what I posted above. It only happens on t-mobile. If I have my visible sim in, it works just fine (just slow, which is why I prefer the t-mobile)
BigGooby

Post by BigGooby »

Did you ever figure this out? I am having the same issue. Can't find any useful information on how to address it, short of changing carriers.

Also, what T-Mobile plan are you on, out of curiosity?

Return to “MoFi Routers”