Nighthawk MR1100 on AT&T iPad Plan issues

Topics for Netgear Nighthawks MRxxxx Series Hotspots
futurecode
Has thanked: 0

Nighthawk MR1100 on AT&T iPad Plan issues

Post by futurecode »

Hello All,

I’ve been running a AT&T version of a MR1100 with the Base Netgear firmware coded via Putty to enable band selection and with a the AT&T $35 iPad Data plan with little to no issue since November 2019. I had a blip I the system when AT&T started cracking down on hotspot on the plan but changed the IMEI to an iPad Pro via DC-Unlocker a couple months ago that fixed the issue.

Well, recently, like the past 4-6 weeks, I have been having the data just dump out on me about 2-5 times a day. Everything will be chugging along just fine and them bam, no data/internet. I can still access the MR1100 and everything looks kosher on the dashboard (data connected, good signal, etc …) just no data/internet. If I reboot the MR1100 or/change bands the service comes back immediately and at full speeds.

If it was a account/plan issue it would just be all or nothing, yes? If it was deprioritization it would be slow no completely cut off, nor would it come right back correct? Just curious if anyone else out there has had these issues or they have any insight as to why I’m running into these issues.

Thanks in advance!
mattvo
Been thanked: 0

Re: Nighthawk MR1100 on AT&T iPad Plan issues

Post by mattvo »

Yes, I am having the same exact issue but on a MOFI4500 router with an AT&T iPad SIM. Within the past 4-6 weeks as well, I have seen these issues. I have been on the $35 dollar iPad plan since Aug 2019, with no issue, until recently. My only fix right now is to constantly reboot the router, which sucks. My speed dropped as well in the past month+ (had to bandlock to Band 12 to get anything decent). The router just locks up, typically after i get off a Webex call, it just drops. The internet light stays on the outside of the router, but when i log into the router settings, everything is frozen and there is no external ip address showing anymore. Driving me nuts!
Didneywhorl

Post by Didneywhorl »

ATT might going harder on the ipad plan users now.

Are you using the prepaid or post paid plan?

The prepaid plans are getting swept away
futurecode

Post by futurecode »

Didneywhorl wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 1:26 pm ATT might going harder on the ipad plan users now.

Are you using the prepaid or post paid plan?

The prepaid plans are getting swept away
That is what I thought at first, but if they were hitting iPad plans, or me more specifically, wouldn't my account either get shut off or be throttled?

I get kicked off completely until change bands/reboot. That seems weird to me.
futurecode

Post by futurecode »

Also is there any downside to me updating the firmware on my mr1100?

I’m on: 12.06.08.00
Available: 12.06.11.00

will this affect my changed IMEI and remove my band steering? Anything else beyond that?
Didneywhorl

Post by Didneywhorl »

Unfortunately Im not experienced with the Nighthawk. Have you tried the facebook group?
Didneywhorl

Post by Didneywhorl »

Your right, theyve been shutting off the accounts. Odd
GeraldJ
Been thanked: 0

Post by GeraldJ »

futurecode wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 2:00 pm Also is there any downside to me updating the firmware on my mr1100?

I’m on: 12.06.08.00
Available: 12.06.11.00

will this affect my changed IMEI and remove my band steering? Anything else beyond that?
It will but with dc unlocker you have unlimited imei edits with the same router once you purchase credits you can just re edit the imei #
jcrm2

Post by jcrm2 »

This is happening to me as well on the post paid iPad Unl data plan and on the Mobley Car Connect Unl Plan. AT&T is definitely cracking down. I did everything from changing my TTL values, connecting to a VPN service, changing the default DNS address, flashing official firmware's, etc.. I seen ppl creating scripts to over ride the time outs but I don't know how to go about it. You can review down below.

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Mobile ... -p/1918046

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Mobile ... -p/1685333

Return to “Nighthawks MR1100 - MR5200 (M1...M5...)”