connection dropped and cannot access admin page

ROUTER Topics that are general or unclassified in nature, or does not belong elsewhere
Forum rules
Please assure there is not an existing forum and topic related to your post
jasonls81
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

connection dropped and cannot access admin page

Post by jasonls81 »

I received my Airmaster 4000d about a week ago and I plugged it in and was able to get to the admin page. I inserted my SIM card and it connected right away and kept the same connection for about 4 days until last night when the connection spontaneously dropped and I am no longer able to access the Airmaster's admin page (or the Airmaster is not handing out an address via DHCP). The RF signal lights are all off except for the first one that slowly blinks. All other LEDs are on including the SIM and LAN lights. I tried several device reboots. I also tried a different cat6 cable to the Airmaster with the same results of not being able to get to the admin page. Any other ideas for what I should test?
bjames

Re: connection dropped and cannot access admin page

Post by bjames »

You may try logging into the router using the IP address: http://10.1.1.1/
jasonls81

Post by jasonls81 »

I guess I can try it but I don’t understand why it would be different than what it was before (192.168.0.1)or why it would spontaneously change.
jasonls81

Post by jasonls81 »

Ok I've been able to get back into the admin page via 192.168.0.1. I'm not sure why it stopped working before but maybe a couple more power cycles helped? Now the problem is that the "media state" under the connection section remains at DISCONNECTED. "SIM card state" is ready and the signal quality is 50% which are the same as when it was working well. Could this be an issue with the cat6 cable not providing enough power?
jasonls81

Post by jasonls81 »

I'm still having problems connecting but after some additional testing I'm wondering if my Airmaster is defective. On the returns page it suggests using these forums to help troubleshoot connection issues but I've only received one response so far which has provided no direction on my issue or next steps.

Here's a summary of my experiences so far...
1. Received airmaster, plugged it in, inserted SIM card, successful connection to Sprint Band 41 was almost instantaneous.
2. about four days later of 100% connectivity, the connection dropped, and I couldn't access the admin page.
3. after several power cycles I was finally able to access the admin page
4. Radio information shows good numbers for RSRP, RSSI, RSRQ (very similar to what they were before the connection dropped)
5. Sim card status shows "UNBLOCKED"
6. Sim card state shows "Ready"
7. Media state shows "DISCONNECTED"
8. Registered PLMN is blank, however when I go to the PLMN tab it's automatically filled in 310,120.
9. Bearer info is empty. I manually filled this in on the Bearer Settings tab. No success.
10. Purchased and used a new cat6 cable. No success.
11. Tried a factory reset a couple of times. No success.

Each time I put my sim card back into my old modem I get a connection within a couple of minutes. (I cannot get a reliable connection to Band 41 on this modem which is why I tried the Airmaster. For the first 4 days the Airmaster exceeded my expectations.)

Here's my list of what might be keeping me from connecting.
1. Airmaster is defective.
2. PoE injector is defective.
3. Sprint is having issues with Band 41 for the last 4-5 days. I haven't contacted Sprint but I doubt an outage would last that long.

Any other ideas? What are my next steps? Is it an option to try a replacement?

Thanks.
bjames

Post by bjames »

I would certainly not discount it being network related. My Sprint Band 41 connection has been down for almost 5 days now. Sprint tells me they have fixed the issue but none of my devices will connect to the internet on that tower.

If you did a reset, you will also need to reprogram the AirMaster, and I would refer to a few good posts of this forum that walk you though it. May try doing a search.
bjames

Post by bjames »

Also, if not too much trouble, you could take the AirMaster to another location to test on a different tower.
jasonls81

Post by jasonls81 »

Thanks bjames for the reply.

Wouldn't the airmaster have come in a factory default state when I got it? If that's the case then I'd expect that I shouldn't have to do anything beyond plugging it in and inserting the SIM card. I've tried the suggestions of other users in the forum to set PLMN and bearer settings with no success.
I guess I should verify the status of B41. I can easily do that with my current modem with allows me to lock to a specified band. I'll try that tonight if I get a chance.

The other detail that concerns me is the random inability to access the admin page. This would have nothing to do with LTE connectivity as you don't need an LTE connection to administer the router. To me this points to a hardware failure or malfunction.
bjames

Post by bjames »

One would think that if the AirMaster connected the first go around without having to configure the settings, it should also connect after a reset.

That assumes, of course, there has been no change in the tower. It would not hurt to make the modifications to be sure.

What data plan are you using with the AirMaster, and what APN does it take.

I assume you have the AirMaster run into a switch, router or access point? The next time you are having issues logging into the AirMaster, try connecting it directly to a PC to see if you can login then.
jasonls81

Post by jasonls81 »

I'm currently connected to B41 on my old router (MOFI4500 V2) and I'm cruising along with up to 80Mbps download. It's a shame I can't get this connection to be stable, but the Airmaster experience may confirm that the issue is the MOFI router with Sprint's service and I'm guessing related to carrier aggregation because I don't experience the disconnect issue to the same degree with B25 and B26.

My APN is r.ispsn.

Data plan is unlimited which was started under an agreement with unlimitedville. About a year ago Sprint provided a new SIM card which was more appropriate for the device and plan, and this seemed to help with stability.

I guess I'll try the Airmaster one more time today or tomorrow to see what happens. If it still doesn't connect then I'm going to call it defective and send it back. After a solid connection for 4 days with no special settings, then a disconnect followed by hours of troubleshoot following suggestions in the forums with no success, I don't feel at all confident that the device is going to work again. I suppose at least it isn't sometimes working and sometimes not which would make it harder to troubleshoot.
Didneywhorl

Post by Didneywhorl »

Unfortunately sometimes a full reconfigure, as detailed in other posts here, is sometimes necessary. I have no experience with the airmaster, yet, but Ive read on here of some successes with getting them going after basically failing.

What poe injector are you using?
jasonls81

Post by jasonls81 »

Thanks Didneywhorl.

I guess I'm not sure what you have in mind when you say "reconfigure". In my case I think it's as simple as factory reset because when I received the Airmaster the only thing I needed to do was insert the SIM card and I had a solid/reliable internet connection without configuring any settings. I didn't even need to log in to the admin page.

The PoE injector is the one that came with it.
Didneywhorl

Post by Didneywhorl »

Most people Ive read on here had to run through some configurations before theirs would work. Maybe you got lucky the first go?
jasonls81

Post by jasonls81 »

Perhaps. Seems like with LTE communication that settings would be more objective than subjective where once you find a configuration that works you can simply stick with it and not have to worry about it sometimes working and sometimes not. Besides, I've spent hours testing the suggestions in the threads regarding PLMN, Bearer, etc with no luck, not even one momentary connection. So I think I've exhausted that approach. My guess is that the airmaster has some kind of issue or the PoE injector has gone bad where it no longer provides the power needed to establish the LTE connection. I'd love to try a replacement PoE injector and/or airmaster but my 30 day return window is going to run out soon.
Didneywhorl

Post by Didneywhorl »

The power output from the stock injector just seems so low. Again I have zero experience thought

Return to “General and Unclassified”