MC7455 problem with AT command?

Sierra Wireless AirPrime Modem Card Topics
Forum rules
Use the SEARCH function for related topics PRIOR to posting a new topic on the same subject.
Dazed-and-Confused

MC7455 problem with AT command?

Post by Dazed-and-Confused »

I own two Sierra modems a MC7455 and a EM7455 they both run the most up to date version of the GENERIC firmware.

I have noticed a problem with the MC7455 in that the AT!SELRAT=01 command works on both modules, the MC7455 does not hold that setting after power is disconnected. Once the router loads back up the modem returns to automatic.

Instead of this command I am forced to use the AT!BAND=01 command to force 3G as 4G in my locale is far worse.

I was wondering if this fault is unique to my modem or can it be reproduced on others?

The EM7455 holds settings and the problem is not reproduced.

I have contacted Sierra support and they couldn't tell me what the problem was after going through a test with me, though I did notice one other person on their support who had the exact issue.

I live something like 500feet from the repeater/cell tower which is in the local pub and I get a 93% signal strength on 3G yet struggle to get 1Mbps on 4G LTE. I think it is overloaded or something.
Didneywhorl

Re: MC7455 problem with AT command?

Post by Didneywhorl »

Have tried either a factory reset or a fresh firmware load? Or both?

Return to “Sierra Wireless Modems”