WG3526 with new Sierra 7565 Modem running slowly

Sierra Wireless AirPrime Modem Card Topics
Forum rules
Use the SEARCH function for related topics PRIOR to posting a new topic on the same subject.
Devildog1968
Been thanked: 0

WG3526 with new Sierra 7565 Modem running slowly

Post by Devildog1968 »

Good Evening, Firstly I want to thank everyone for all your help with my quest to get good internet speeds.

I have upgraded the modem in the WG3526 to a Sierra 7565. Thank you for all the tips and tricks to get it successfully installed.

My issue is I am only able to pull speeds of about 13Mbps on download. I have tried various TTLs and I am going with the one which gives the fastest speeds. Also, I have used the The Wireless Haven cheat sheet on what is Excellent to poor. I seem to have decent everything with the exception of the signal strength which is at about 70%.

I am wondering what I need to do to boost the speeds up. My Cell will DL at about 35Mbps. I have attached the AT!GSTATUS report below. Any help is appreciated!!

I am still new at this but very computer fluent. This does have me a bit of "babe in the woods". Let me know if there is anything else you need me to pull.

Thanks again!!

Code: Select all

AT!GSTATUS?
!GSTATUS: 
Current Time:  99692		Temperature: 55
Reset Counter: 1		Mode:        ONLINE         
System mode:   LTE        	PS state:    Attached     
LTE band:      B66    		LTE bw:      20 MHz  
LTE Rx chan:   0		LTE Tx chan: 132072
LTE SSC1 state:INACTIVE    	LTE SSC1 band: B66    
LTE SSC1 bw  : Unknown 		LTE SSC1 chan: 0
LTE SSC2 state:INACTIVE    	LTE SSC2 band: B13    
LTE SSC2 bw  : Unknown 		LTE SSC2 chan: 5230
LTE SSC3 state:NOT ASSIGNED
LTE SSC4 state:NOT ASSIGNED
EMM state:     Registered     	Normal Service 
RRC state:     RRC Connected  
IMS reg state: No Srv  		

PCC RxM RSSI:  -75		PCC RxM RSRP:  -99
PCC RxD RSSI:  -73		PCC RxD RSRP:  -98
SCC1 RxM RSSI: -92		SCC1 RxM RSRP: -108
SCC1 RxD RSSI: -92		SCC1 RxD RSRP: -107
SCC2 RxM RSSI: -73		SCC2 RxM RSRP: -94
SCC2 RxD RSSI: -73		SCC2 RxD RSRP: -94
Tx Power:      --		TAC:         6609 (26121)
RSRQ (dB):     -8.9		Cell ID:     018fbe20 (26197536)
SINR (dB):     18.4
BillA

Re: WG3526 with new Sierra 7565 Modem running slowly

Post by BillA »

Generally TTL does not increase your speed (only in rare cases), it's more of a bypass for the hotspot data.
As a test, insert sim card into a phone and run this speed test in the browser.
http://www.bing.com/widget/t/speedtest
and with https connection
https://www.bing.com/widget/t/speedtest

Post your results, including your signal info to try to diagnose the issue.
If you're getting much higher speeds in a phone, chances are that the phone has a higher CAT# modem built in, so you may want to upgrade the modem in your router, and maybe add a high gain external antenna.
Didneywhorl

Post by Didneywhorl »

I'm guessing your using Verizon? Which plan? Do you get higher speeds late at night or early morning versus middle fo the day or evening?
zac2424

Post by zac2424 »

Devildog1968 wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 6:09 pm Good Evening, Firstly I want to thank everyone for all your help with my quest to get good internet speeds.

I have upgraded the modem in the WG3526 to a Sierra 7565. Thank you for all the tips and tricks to get it successfully installed.

My issue is I am only able to pull speeds of about 13Mbps on download. I have tried various TTLs and I am going with the one which gives the fastest speeds. Also, I have used the The Wireless Haven cheat sheet on what is Excellent to poor. I seem to have decent everything with the exception of the signal strength which is at about 70%.

I am wondering what I need to do to boost the speeds up. My Cell will DL at about 35Mbps. I have attached the AT!GSTATUS report below. Any help is appreciated!!

I am still new at this but very computer fluent. This does have me a bit of "babe in the woods". Let me know if there is anything else you need me to pull.

Thanks again!!

AT!GSTATUS?
!GSTATUS: 
Current Time:  99692		Temperature: 55
Reset Counter: 1		Mode:        ONLINE         
System mode:   LTE        	PS state:    Attached     
LTE band:      B66    		LTE bw:      20 MHz  
LTE Rx chan:   0		LTE Tx chan: 132072
LTE SSC1 state:INACTIVE    	LTE SSC1 band: B66    
LTE SSC1 bw  : Unknown 		LTE SSC1 chan: 0
LTE SSC2 state:INACTIVE    	LTE SSC2 band: B13    
LTE SSC2 bw  : Unknown 		LTE SSC2 chan: 5230
LTE SSC3 state:NOT ASSIGNED
LTE SSC4 state:NOT ASSIGNED
EMM state:     Registered     	Normal Service 
RRC state:     RRC Connected  
IMS reg state: No Srv  		

PCC RxM RSSI:  -75		PCC RxM RSRP:  -99
PCC RxD RSSI:  -73		PCC RxD RSRP:  -98
SCC1 RxM RSSI: -92		SCC1 RxM RSRP: -108
SCC1 RxD RSSI: -92		SCC1 RxD RSRP: -107
SCC2 RxM RSSI: -73		SCC2 RxM RSRP: -94
SCC2 RxD RSSI: -73		SCC2 RxD RSRP: -94
Tx Power:      --		TAC:         6609 (26121)
RSRQ (dB):     -8.9		Cell ID:     018fbe20 (26197536)
SINR (dB):     18.4
Hey,

I'm struggling to get my 7565 to register on Verizon and wondering if you can share what you did to get things working? I'm putting a registered iPad sim into the router and it always deregisters it. Have tried an android phone sim as well. Thank!
Didneywhorl

Post by Didneywhorl »

zac2424 wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 12:17 pm Hey,

I'm struggling to get my 7565 to register on Verizon and wondering if you can share what you did to get things working? I'm putting a registered iPad sim into the router and it always deregisters it. Have tried an android phone sim as well. Thank!
The network is reading the imei of your modem and deregistering your SIM because the modem SIM doesnt match the registered IMEI from your ipad.
baldwine
Has thanked: 0

Post by baldwine »

So I had this problem on AT&T where I would pull the sim from the ipad, place it in my modem and it would automatically switch to HSPA. After extensive research, I realized that my EM7565 had firmware for Verizon on it. So I had to update the firmware to Generic. There is a great post on here that explains how to do this.

Sierra Wireless EM7565 -- Flashing | Updating Firmware

I am by no means anywhere near confident on what I am doing here. I used to use a Mofi for years and built a replacement modem with an unused Raspberry Pi 3b and products bought through The Wireless Haven. The AT command I that I used to identify the firmware is below.

at!impref?
After I updated the EM7565 to the latest Generic firmware, I have had LTE speed since. I know that you are using Verizon as your service and the linked post above has Verizon firmware available.

Return to “Sierra Wireless Modems”