NEXQ6GO Router and Quectel EM20-G

ROUTER Topics that are general or unclassified in nature, or does not belong elsewhere
Forum rules
Please assure there is not an existing forum and topic related to your post
Herculezz55
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

NEXQ6GO Router and Quectel EM20-G

Post by Herculezz55 »

I am thinking on buying the above combination in order to help improve our slow speeds for verizon here rurally in arizona, My main concerns are the EM20-G and its 4 antenna's but the NEXQ6GO only having 2 cutouts for 4G antennas? Is there any solutions to this? does the NEXQ6GO-M come with any MHF4 to SMA cords at all or would i need to order 4 of the 5inch? I wont be using the Wifi of this unit at all only the Ethernet to go into my Linksys EA7300 router so could i remove the 2 wifi antennas and put the SMA cords through those cutouts effectively giving me the 4 antenna i need?
Didneywhorl

Re: NEXQ6GO Router and Quectel EM20-G

Post by Didneywhorl »

You'll be MUCH happier with the WG3526. It is much more capable of higher speeds. Though I havent tested this versions new wifi chip out, so take that with a grain of salt. You will have to drill holes and add the antennas on either unit though.

The M comes with 2 mhf4 pigtails, the wg3526 does not. You'll have to order 4 for the wg3526, or 2 and then 2 ufl to mhf4 adapter wires. Or just 2 mhf4 tails to add on to the nexQ6GO-M.

Alternative ls you could get the m.2 to usb3 adapter housing and a pair of antenna pigtails for it, it comes with 2, and plug it into the usb port of the router of choice.

I understand the want to go low price on your router since it wont be used for anything other than a passthrough for the modem, but theres no high speed alternative as of yet. The NEXQ6GO maxxes out at around 85Mbps on LAN, and again I havent tested the wifi on this. The EM20 is capable of about 400Mbps in actual real world testing.

Dont get me wrong, the nexQ is a popular unit type, and it works, but for the em20, its not enough in my opinion.
Didneywhorl

Post by Didneywhorl »

I missed your last part. Yes you can remove the wifi pigtails and use those cutouts, sorry about that.
Herculezz55

Post by Herculezz55 »

NP and ty for that, The wg3526 is out of stock, and honestly is overkill since i will not be using it for the wifi portion, but ya the NEXQ6GO not having gigabit is not good either, so i was thinking on doing the raspberry pi route, at 35 with gigabit ethernet, to run into my router seems like my best option, but then my concern is does the golden orb software support the EM20 like the wifix version does, i know you can only get the wifix version on their routers, so thats a concern as well
Didneywhorl

Post by Didneywhorl »

I think youll be much better off with the NEXQ6GO than the raspberrypi.

Honestly the WG3526 is my goto. You'll not be sorry, but yeah youd have to wait on stock.

Goldenorb and WiFix are nearly the same firmware, made by the same group. WiFix has some cool little additions just for The Wireless Haven. You can re-flash back and forth anytime.
Herculezz55

Post by Herculezz55 »

I would if i could hehe, but in the meantime, i really dont wanna be limited to 85 of the ethernet on that router so i decided to go the route of USB3.0 to NGFF M.2 Key B Adapter Enclosure with SIM Card Slot, and a Linksys EA8500 i ran across a good deal at $70, my question tho is that routers usb port will probably not provide enough power for that modem, so i will need an extra power supply but it seems on that unit its not the same as the others quoted here, and is a micro usb power, can i just use any old good quality micro usb cable and wall adapter? what watts should i aim for in the adapter for this modem and enclosure. thanks again for all your info.
Didneywhorl

Post by Didneywhorl »

Just a quality newer style phone charger
GeraldJ

Post by GeraldJ »

I just put this setup together ...it’s working good (you must have a lot patience putting the pigtails on the modem!) drilled two holes in the front for the WiFi antennas if you don’t plan on using it for WiFi no need to drill any additional holes just put the LTE pigtails in the 2.4Ghz holes...does anyone Know if there’s a way to bandlock or choose which bands to use for carrier aggregation Like the mofi with WiFiX?
gscheb

Post by gscheb »

GeraldJ wrote: Sun Jun 14, 2020 4:50 pm does anyone Know if there’s a way to bandlock or choose which bands to use for carrier aggregation
https://wirelessjoint.com/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=943
GeraldJ

Post by GeraldJ »

thank you!

Return to “General and Unclassified”