EM20-G problems with T-mobile

Misc Mini PCI-E and M.2 Modem Card and USB Dongle Topics
Forum rules
Use the SEARCH function for related topics PRIOR to posting a new topic on the same subject.
Sparky35
Has thanked: 0

EM20-G problems with T-mobile

Post by Sparky35 »

Hello,
This site is fantastic! Thanks to all of you I have been able to get my 3 kids through school on line all day long as well as our normal Internet with a WG3526 and EM20 G on PagePlus. Unfortunately we used 200G and PagePlus shut me down. I got a T-Mobile prepay to avoid getting shut down again, even though school is out next week, but I can't seem to get it to allow internet over wifi unless I use a VPN. I don' t know enough about all of this to know what to try next. T-mobile works fine in my Mofi but isn't working in the better setup with the WG3526 and EM20-G. I Downgraded modem to Revision: EM20GRAR01A06M4G and am using GoldenOrb_2020-05-16.
gscheb

Re: EM20-G problems with T-mobile

Post by gscheb »

Never used a EM20. Used a Quectel EP06, Quectel EC25-AF and Sierra wireless MC7455 and all of those worked on T-Mobile post pay plans. If you want to try that.
Sparky35

Post by Sparky35 »

I am using T-Mobile pre-pay. I have had success with visible and PaigePlus no problems at all. T-Mobile prepaid works on my Mofi4500. It connects on WG3526 but will not pass the connection through Wi-Fi, I don’t know enough obviously but I am sure I am missing some setting somewhere. Thank you for your reply.
JimHelms
Site Admin

Post by JimHelms »

Sparky35 wrote: Sun Jun 07, 2020 11:17 am It connects on WG3526 but will not pass the connection through Wi-Fi
Can you better explain what is happening.

Are you connected to the cellular network and able to get an internet connection using an ethernet cable but not wifi?
Sparky35

Post by Sparky35 »

Yes, that is exactly what is happening. Thank you
Didneywhorl

Post by Didneywhorl »

Check your settings under Network-->Wireless--> click edit on the wireless interface of choice (the one with the SSID you use [wifi name]) and make sure under the lower part of the page --> "Interface Configuration" --> Network: Shows the "lan: ... <random little pictures"> is selected, and not blank. I think this is an issue with never firmware for rooter.

Underneath the setting it should say:
Choose the network(s) you want to attach to this wireless interface or fill out the create field to define a new network.
Didneywhorl

Post by Didneywhorl »

If it is blank, there's your problem. The fix seems to be to ssh in and set it manually or flash to an earlier version of Wifix/rooter.
Sparky35

Post by Sparky35 »

I feel very stupid. Thank you very much for your help. Again, this is an amazing site and I am very grateful to you for your help. EVERYTHING WORKS NOW!
Didneywhorl

Post by Didneywhorl »

Sparky35 wrote: Sun Jun 07, 2020 1:37 pm I feel very stupid. Thank you very much for your help. Again, this is an amazing site and I am very grateful to you for your help. EVERYTHING WORKS NOW!
No way dude, this stuff makes us all feel stupid. Trust me! LOL!

No worries, glad its working! Dont forget thewirelesshaven.com next time you need to get some gear, or tell ya buddies! ;)
Sparky35

Post by Sparky35 »

That’s where my equipment came from (not the Mofi obviously) and I am spreading the word! Thanks again

Return to “Misc Modem Cards and Dongles”