Disable WiFix Splash Screen

Topics related to OpenWRT, LEDE, GoldenOrb, Linux and other firmware
Forum rules
Use the SEARCH function for related topics PRIOR to posting a new topic on the same subject.
brad.schwie
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by brad.schwie »

Background: I bought a WE826-T router and MC7455 modem from thewirelesshaven.com, installed the modem in the router, and successfully loaded "openwrt-we826-GO2018-09-02-upgrade.bin" (the WiFix custom GoldenOrb firmware). I was hoping to get an M2M plan with Verizon, but they said the WE826-T "wasn't qualified". To get past Verizon's sales people, I gave them an IMEI for another "qualified" router. Upon receiving this, Verizon then sent a full-size SIM, with an M2M plan, that we loaded into the router and things are running well. Woohoo!

Problem: I'm trying to put a few devices with embedded webservers on the router's LAN. In the past, I've done this with GoldenOrb by going to Firewall->Port Forwards to route individual ports from the DMZ to appropriate embedded devices on the router's LAN. This time though, it seems that the WiFix firmware's splash page is interfering and doesn't allow data from the DMZ to make it to mapped ports - most browsers will half load the request, serving up a black page before hanging and I can see that the router's splash page is trying to load - its as if the WiFix firmware is overriding the GoldenOrb firewall. When I say "splash page", I'm referring to the WiFix webpage where you click "Router Login" (to enter the luci interface) or "Live Network Status".

Question: is it possible to disable the WiFix splash page and stop if from interfering with the firewall? If not, is there something else I can do to stop the WiFix splash page from interfering? The WiFix firmware only seems to interfere with port forwards that involve forwarding to a LAN device that receives data on port 80. The only workaround I can think of is to install GoldenOrb 2017-12-15 Firmware from the ofmodemsandmen.com website, but if I do this, I'm worried that the MC7455 won't work.

Any advice? Thanks in advance.
JimHelms
Site Admin

Re: Disable WiFix Splash Screen

Post by JimHelms »

Try this ROOTer build for the WE826-T. It is a new build and should work for you.
brad.schwie

Re: Disable WiFix Splash Screen

Post by brad.schwie »

Thanks for the link, Jim. I'll give it a shot next.

For everyone else's knowledge, since my original post above, I successfully loaded GoldenOrb 2017-12-15 on to the router and it works fine with the MC7455 modem.
Paulaget

Post by Paulaget »

Upon launch Id like to not have the Kioware splash screen show. This to minimize indications of what s/w is being used to lock down the workstation.

Believe me, theres a good reason that I want to do this particular thing vs. something else.

thanks,
gc

Return to “Firmware”