WG3526 with MC7455 won't connect on soft reboot

Topics related to OpenWRT, LEDE, GoldenOrb, Linux and other firmware
Forum rules
Use the SEARCH function for related topics PRIOR to posting a new topic on the same subject.
iDogIndy
Been thanked: 0

WG3526 with MC7455 won't connect on soft reboot

Post by iDogIndy »

I purchased a WG3526 and an MC7455 and configured according to tutorials. (Thanks for those!!) I've noticed that if I submit a soft reboot manually or via schedule, the modem is recognized but fails to connect. It says "retrying" but never connects. If I perform a hard reboot, it connects and performs great. I have the same issue with the original firmware, goldenorb, and the WiFix version.

I plan to use this device to provide service at a weekend getaway home as well as remote monitoring of smart devices at the home. I'm concerned about software hangups based on using previous hotspot devices, so I was hoping to schedule a nightly reboot. Should it work? Any advice? Or do I use a mechanical timer to perform a hard reset nightly? Thanks for any suggestions.
BillA

Re: WG3526 with MC7455 won't connect on soft reboot

Post by BillA »

If the regular modem reconnect fails, your best option is to schedule a full reboot either in the router's settings or using a mechanical/electronic timer.

Return to “Firmware”