Help with supporting the EM7565 in the CBA850LP6-NA CAT6

ROUTER Topics that are general or unclassified in nature, or does not belong elsewhere
Forum rules
Please assure there is not an existing forum and topic related to your post
catchsm0k3
Been thanked: 0

Help with supporting the EM7565 in the CBA850LP6-NA CAT6

Post by catchsm0k3 »

I originally ordered the CBA850LP6 with the standard MC7455 and set it up following the recommended tutorial with a t-mobile sim card. Everything worked as expected!

As a follow up I ordered the EM7565 and the USB3.0 To NGFF M.2 Key B Adapter Enclosure

links to the product:
https://thewirelesshaven.com/shop/modems/sierra-w ... m-2-modem/
https://thewirelesshaven.com/shop/pcie-m-2/m-2-ng ... card-slot/

I was able to set up the EM7565 in the new enclosure and swap out the modems in the CBA850LP6 but when I startup the software I run into issues with connecting to the device.

Am I missing any obvious steps? It's plug and play with the MC7455...

I'll attach some screenshots below but all I've tried is
- Follow the recommended tutorial for the CBA850
- Follow the t-mobile APN set up tutorial
- In the WAN Management, I set " Monitor IPv6 While Connected " to active DNS on a 7 second idle interval (per a troubleshooting page I found on the CBA850 cradle point website)

From the logs, the error that stands out the most is " CPPM Failed: No Carrier " - Not an issue with the same sim card on the other modem
catchsm0k3

Re: Help with supporting the EM7565 in the CBA850LP6-NA CAT6

Post by catchsm0k3 »

Screenshots - Any help would be appreciated
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
JimHelms
Site Admin

Post by JimHelms »

While I do not have access to the device right now, go to your Connection Manager and look at the lower part of the window, and there is a setting for the Modem that I believe must be changed to SIM slot 1.
catchsm0k3

Post by catchsm0k3 »

JimHelms wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 2:28 pm While I do not have access to the device right now, go to your Connection Manager and look at the lower part of the window, and there is a setting for the Modem that I believe must be changed to SIM slot 1.
I attached a few pictures - Is this the area you were referring too? I tried all the variations (SIM slot 1 on both/individually etc...)

But still ran into the same error as the log above

I also attached a picture of the modem if it's helpful
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
JimHelms
Site Admin

Post by JimHelms »

I would go into Connection Manager on the interface above the EM7565 that references Modem-xxxxxx and right click and delete it. That will wipe out all current configurations/customization associated with the EM7565.

The modem will then reboot. When it shows back up, right click the EM7565 interface and edit the WAN Interface Profile to set your APN (only).

I would also plug the USB3 modem adapter into the USB3 port on the router.

Go to SYSTEM > SYSTEM CONTROL DEVICE OPTIONS and open the Device Console.

Access the modem using the atterm command.

First, run the AT Command to make sure the adapter is reading the SIM Card properly:

Code: Select all

AT+CPIN?
If it returns READY then the SIM should be good to go, assuming it has a valid active plan.

Lets also check to make sure the CBA850 is entering the TMO APN into the modem.

AT+CGDCONT?

Next, lets take a look at all of your signal stats by running the command:

AT!GSTATUS?
The Device Console does not allow copying and pasting these commands, so they must be manually entered--which means you will have to take a screen shot to post the results.

In the alternative, you can use PuTTy to access the Device Console, and the atterm command, and copy and paste the commands, and what they return which may end up be easy.

Return to “General and Unclassified”