dhcp leases

ROUTER Topics that are general or unclassified in nature, or does not belong elsewhere
Forum rules
Please assure there is not an existing forum and topic related to your post
ferrin
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

dhcp leases

Post by ferrin »

i have done some lookin and still cannot figure out why after i updated the firmware on my wg3526 it will not show the dhcp leases the system works fine but leases wont show up. Any ideas? Also any ideas where to get twin lmr 400? i am moving my antenna upto 50 ft and need antenna lead.
Screenshot_2020-05-21 WiFiX - Overview - LuCI.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
JimHelms
Site Admin

Re: dhcp leases

Post by JimHelms »

It looks like the WiFi SSID is ROOter for the 2.4GHz and WiFiX for the 5GHz. Did you change these settings?

I would try using the Firmware Recovery Method and reflash it with the latest WiFiX firmware.
BillA

Post by BillA »

I prefer to give all my devices static IP addresses, that way I know exactly their address without having to constantly look it up as they may change from time to time. I also disable IPv6 since it makes management much easier (under Network > Interfaces > LAN and Firewall).

To set static IP's, go to Network > DHCP and DNS > Static Leases at the bottom, then enter
Hostname: leave it blank
MAC Address: choose from the drop down menu, or if it's missing then enter it manually
IPv4: enter it manually in this format 192.168.1.x (2-255), just make sure it's not already assigned by DHCP
Lease Time: 1h
DUID: leave it blank
IPv6: leave it blank
ferrin
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by ferrin »

Thank you both. The leases are back and I am going to set up static leases.
Thanks again
terryjett

Post by terryjett »

Good choice for your cable. Never seen twin LMR400 (lot of sheit I ain't seen though) but do not skimp and get the best @ $1.20 per ft:

https://www.pasternack.com/50-ohm-low-l ... 400-p.aspx

Look at spec sheet for loss calculations.

Now to get connectors on cable. Get on Facebook and find local Ham Operator that can put on connectors you need. Or, get on Google and find a Ham Store near you, those type of people will help you and not break the bank. If you do find a Ham Store near you, they may also have your cable in stock :)

Return to “General and Unclassified”