Pageplus - Work on an iPad?

Topics on Service Providers, Deals, Options, Etc.
Forum rules
No internet reseller is permitted to market their services. No Exceptions.
hw1353

Pageplus - Work on an iPad?

Post by hw1353 »

Will page plus work on an ipad?

I was able to get a phone to activate and download the APN with the sim card installed.

When I try and put the SIM in an ipad, it changes the APN to Verizon/vzwinternet, and not the tracfone.vzwentp APN.

I've tried browsing to the APN site over wifi on the iPad, no avail. Am I missing something? Will this not work for ipad?
hw1353

Re: Pageplus - Work on an iPad?

Post by hw1353 »

Would like to add, the ipad is unlocked. I can put in a T-mobile Sim, and the APN is downloaded automatically, and the LTE works within a minute or two. Its just pageplus.
hw1353

Post by hw1353 »

Working now.

Even after having the profile installed it wouldn't work. Kept asking me to login to verizon. I flipped on the hotspot mode on the ipad, and data started working. Flipped it off, I still have LTE data. Seems to have worked through a restart. I'm not sure if it was a timing thing, or if it was hotspot mode.

APN still shows verizon not pageplus/tracfone, but its working so we're all good.
BillA

Post by BillA »

hw1353 wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 11:11 pm Working now.

Even after having the profile installed it wouldn't work. Kept asking me to login to verizon. I flipped on the hotspot mode on the ipad, and data started working. Flipped it off, I still have LTE data. Seems to have worked through a restart. I'm not sure if it was a timing thing, or if it was hotspot mode.

APN still shows verizon not pageplus/tracfone, but its working so we're all good.

It was probably just a coincidence that it worked, it's best to actually program the correct APN.
Turn on WiFi and make sure you can browse the web.
Go to this site:
ivzwentp.trafcone.com
to install the PagePlus APN, simply follow the instructions and accept all warnings.
Turn off WiFi, restart your iPad then try to browse the web.
If the above site didn't work, then try this:
iapnupdatevzw.tracfone.com

Report back on your results.
hw1353

Post by hw1353 »

Bill,

I installed the profile and restarted the ipad, I can see the profile under General > Profiles, once its installed.

However, the APN still says verizon under General > About. I feel like there used to be a way to manually program these in, seems that was removed some iOS revs ago? I can put in a t-mobile simcard and it works, so it seems like its unlocked.
BillA

Post by BillA »

hw1353 wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 2:03 pm Bill,

I installed the profile and restarted the ipad, I can see the profile under General > Profiles, once its installed.

However, the APN still says verizon under General > About. I feel like there used to be a way to manually program these in, seems that was removed some iOS revs ago? I can put in a t-mobile simcard and it works, so it seems like its unlocked.

Only Tmobile allows you manually reprogram the APN in iOS devices, ATT and Verizon locked it out but you can install a profile via web download. Don't remember Sprint.
hw1353

Post by hw1353 »

I'm guessing the profile is being used over the whats actually being displayed in under General > About.

iOS/apple has a weird way of going about/displaying/configuring things.
BillA

Post by BillA »

hw1353 wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 11:29 pm I'm guessing the profile is being used over the whats actually being displayed in under General > About.

iOS/apple has a weird way of going about/displaying/configuring things.

On iOS you can't see or edit the carrier's profile, except with Tmobile, and I believe they have blocked that too in the latest iOS update. However you can install custom carrier profiles via special websites like I posted earlier, which shows up under Stetting > General and may be uninstalled.

Return to “Internet Service Providers”