WE1326 firmware

ROUTER Topics that are general or unclassified in nature, or does not belong elsewhere
Forum rules
Please assure there is not an existing forum and topic related to your post
jhardin80
Has thanked: 0

WE1326 firmware

Post by jhardin80 »

I can only seem to get the WiFix version we1326v5-GO2019-04-09-upgrade to load on this router. Everything works fine with my EM12-G but it says it can't connect to the EM12-G eventhough I am getting internet. It also doesn't show any signal information.

I tried flashing to OpenWRT openwrt-ramips-mt7621-zbtlink_zbt-we1326-squashfs-sysupgrade but it flashes and never comes back up for me to be able to get into the router.

I also tried flashing to ROOter openwrt-we1326v5-GO2020-03-01-upgrade but it does the same as above. :(

Anyone have any other suggestions?

In the debug it says /dev/ttyUSB2 Can't open device /dev/ttyUSB2.
In the connection log it says Modem #1 Connected (Quectel EM12-G)

Network status shows this:

Modem :
Quectel EM12-G
Modem 1
Modem ID :
2c7c : 0512

Provider :
Connecting

Comm Port :
JimHelms
Site Admin

Re: WE1326 firmware

Post by JimHelms »

I do not believe the firmware builds for the WE1326 have the drivers for the Quectel modems.

You may try adding this script in the SYSTEM > STARTUP > LOCAL START UP (at the bottom) and SUBMIT.

Code: Select all

echo "0x2c7c  0x0512" > /sys/bus/usb-serial/drivers/option1/new_id
jhardin80

Post by jhardin80 »

That fixed it! Thanks Jim for the help!
Didneywhorl

Post by Didneywhorl »

That's why Jim makes the big bucks. ;)
jhardin80

Post by jhardin80 »

Everything was working great! They had the old OTR AT&T sim that I had before switching to T-Mobile with OTR so it was just a matter of time before that AT&T sim got shut off. It finally got shut off and they got a bix AT&T sim and put it in but now the modem won't connect. We are currently on version GO2020-05-23. The sim works in a AT&T mifi but not in the WE1326 now.

Flashed it twice with the settings box unchecked both times.

We have used apn: broadband, no ttl, 64, 65.
We have used apn: nxtgenphone with the same ttl as above.

Still no dice, just says connecting. It's reading the IMEI and sim numbers just fine. Antennas have been double checked.

Any thoughts?
Didneywhorl

Post by Didneywhorl »

1. Always use the bootloader method to load a fresh firmware install. I always load it again in the UI with "keep settings" unchecked immediately afterwards. Usually 2 more times.

2. I would ask Bix what the APN should be. The 5/23 version has worked fine for me and others I've helped.

When you first get going with a fresh fw install, always change very little in the settings except what you need to connect.
System--> System--> Time zone & sync time with browser, save and apply
Modem--> connection profile--> APN, save and apply.
System--> reboot, reboot

That's it! Once your sure it works. THEN change all your other settings one at a time.
jhardin80

Post by jhardin80 »

Didneywhorl wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 8:19 pm 1. Always use the bootloader method to load a fresh firmware install. I always load it again in the UI with "keep settings" unchecked immediately afterwards. Usually 2 more times.

2. I would ask Bix what the APN should be. The 5/23 version has worked fine for me and others I've helped.

When you first get going with a fresh fw install, always change very little in the settings except what you need to connect.
System--> System--> Time zone & sync time with browser, save and apply
Modem--> connection profile--> APN, save and apply.
System--> reboot, reboot

That's it! Once your sure it works. THEN change all your other settings one at a time.

EDIT: just found it when we flashed the IMEI back to the original it switched back to one of the ipad imei numbers for some reason. Now when we try to change the IMEI back to the original it just keeps saying "Failed" after we send the command.

It was really strange yesterday. We got it all finally to work with the AT&T sim the was in an AT&T mifi and it worked for a bit and then they left to go eat, came back and it wasn't connecting again.

Now they got the new bix sim activated, we followed your instructions to a T and it sees the sim card and everything looks good but just says connecting again.

This is all with the 5/23 version again.

Any other suggestions?
Didneywhorl

Post by Didneywhorl »

When you run the command

AT+GSN
does it return the original imei or a modified number?

If its not the number your ATT account expects, then that is likely your issue.

We cannot discuss IMEI changes but I can tell you it may be good to backup any changes made to the modem to flash memory via the

AT+QPRTPARA=1
command.

Then check all settings. Then run

AT+CFUN=1,1
That will fully reboot your modem

Once it returns, check to see if your settings are still what you wanted them to be.

Sometimes a fresh factory reset is needed. But thats another command.
jhardin80

Post by jhardin80 »

Didneywhorl wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 12:23 pm When you run tbe command

AT+GSN
does it return the original imei or a modified number?

If its not the number your ATT account expects, then that is likely your issue.

We cannot discuss IMEI changes but I can tell you it may be good to backup any changes made to the modem to flash memory via the

AT+QPRTPARA=1
command.

Then check all settings. Then run

AT+CFUN=1,1
That will fully reboot your modem

Once it returns, check to see if your settings are still what you wanted them to be.

Sometimes a fresh factory reset is needed. But thats another command.

This entire thing is just strange.

Currently AT+GSN returns the correct, original IMEI.

We have the "work sim" in the we1326 with the em12-g and it's working. This bix sim still won't connect.

The first bix sim we stuck in the "work mifi" and it connected fine, they got a new sim for bix and they activated that sim but it still doesn't connect in the em12-g.

Unfortunately the "work mifi" sim slot has a pin that isn't working so I can't test that just yet. Once that is fixed we will put the bix sim back in it to see if it connects or not.

Return to “General and Unclassified”