Using Sprint x.ispsn on WE826 Go

Topics related to ZBT Routers
Forum rules
Use the SEARCH function for related topics PRIOR to posting a new topic on the same subject.
terryjett

Using Sprint x.ispsn on WE826 Go

Post by terryjett »

Got one of the WE826-GO with EM7455 and trying to get Sprint working on it. Modem is running generic firmware.

Since the SIM came out of a phone that was preactivated and sent to me, it is using APN x.ispsnd with is IPv6 only.

I can get connected and browse many sites, but some refuse to load. Wireless Joint and amazon will not load for example. Google, Bing and many do load though. Got to be something to do with certain site using IPv6 (assuming this though).

So I start digging to figure all this out...

Have a WE826-T and it has a different menu in the interfaces WAN 1 than the WE826-GO. There seems to be portions of the options cut off in GO model. For example from my GO model:
2020-05-09_210606.png
Inspecting the page with chrome browser dev tools, see options still there for:

- Bring up on boot
- Use builtin IPv6-management
- Force link
- Enable IPv6 negotiation
- Custom DNS

Were these options hidden on purpose, or is this a glitch? They are there in the WE-826-T

This is what my ipconfig /all looks like and seems normal to me. Maybe someone else can see something?
2020-05-09_210840.png
Seems like it would be easy enough to change the ANP to n.ispsn (or another) in connection profile, but never connects it I do that. I have custom IPv6 DNS setup, tried both google and cloudflare. No workie.

But the main thing right now is why the options are missing from GO model as shown in above screenshot?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
BillA

Re: Using Sprint x.ispsn on WE826 Go

Post by BillA »

Seems like the only sites which pull up are the ones with its DNS cached (ones you have visited prior with a good connection). As a test, try to ping one of sites while doesn't load by domain and IP (ping amazon.com / ping 176.32.103.205). Chances are they will work when pining the IP but fail using the domain. You can try changing your DNS values to 8.8.8.8/9.9.9.9 and see if it helps. You can also try clearing your DNS via this script.

Code: Select all

ARP -D *
IPConfig /FlushDNS
IPConfig /RegisterDNS
TaskKill /F /IM Explorer.EXE
Start Explorer.EXE
terryjett

Post by terryjett »

Thanks Bill!

Cannot ping either - domain or IP (even after trying your custom DNS suggestion).

Cleared DNS via your script, no change.

Sprint is only assigning IPv6 on successful connection. With the x.ispn there is no IP4 address assigned, it simply shows 2.55.255.255.255/36 in WAN1.

Crazy thing is the SIM works perfectly in phone with IPv6 only address. Can browse any site. Think difference is how the APN is handled and cannot use values in router:

Name: Sprint LTE
APN: x.ispsn
MMSC: http://mms.sprintpcs.com
MMS proxy: oap7.sprintpcs.com
MMS port: 80
MCC: 310
MNC: 120
APN type: default,supl,mms,cbs,ia
APN protocol: IPv4/IPv6
APN Roaming protocol: IPv4/IPv6
Bearer: eHRPD, LTE

Hopefully Jim will see this and address why not all option are available in WE-826-GO as shown in original post.
BillA

Post by BillA »

terryjett wrote: Sun May 10, 2020 8:52 am Thanks Bill!

Cannot ping either - domain or IP (even after trying your custom DNS suggestion).

Cleared DNS via your script, no change.

Sprint is only assigning IPv6 on successful connection. With the x.ispn there is no IP4 address assigned, it simply shows 2.55.255.255.255/36 in WAN1.

Crazy thing is the SIM works perfectly in phone with IPv6 only address. Can browse any site. Think difference is how the APN is handled and cannot use values in router:

Name: Sprint LTE
APN: x.ispsn
MMSC: http://mms.sprintpcs.com
MMS proxy: oap7.sprintpcs.com
MMS port: 80
MCC: 310
MNC: 120
APN type: default,supl,mms,cbs,ia
APN protocol: IPv4/IPv6
APN Roaming protocol: IPv4/IPv6
Bearer: eHRPD, LTE

Hopefully Jim will see this and address why not all option are available in WE-826-GO as shown in original post.

Well Mr. Terryjet, as you know "I'm always right, even when I'm wrong!" lol... (for others ... it's a running joke around here).
As a test try setting the APN to both n.ispsn and x.ispsn and pull a status report APN's via AT!GSTATUS?
Let's see if the PS Status shows "Connected" or "Not connected" , that should narrow things down a bit.
If it shows "Connected" then it could be an IMEI restriction, thus working in a phone but not in a router.
terryjett

Post by terryjett »

AS a test try setting the APN to both n.ispsn and x.ispsn and pull a status repost via AT!GSTATUS?
Can save us both time. n.ispsn never connects to the network. Plain ole will never connect. Now x.ispsn connects without any issues:

!GSTATUS: 
Current Time:  10721		Temperature: 44
Reset Counter: 3		Mode:        ONLINE         
System mode:   LTE        	PS state:    Attached     
LTE band:      B41    		LTE bw:      20 MHz  
LTE Rx chan:   41292		LTE Tx chan: 41292
LTE CA state:  ACTIVE      		LTE Scell band:B41    
LTE Scell bw:20 MHz  		LTE Scell chan:41094
EMM state:     Registered     	Normal Service 
RRC state:     RRC Connected  
IMS reg state: No Srv  		

PCC RxM RSSI:  -83		RSRP (dBm):  -114
PCC RxD RSSI:  -80		RSRP (dBm):  -109
SCC RxM RSSI:  -83		RSRP (dBm):  -116
SCC RxD RSSI:  -79		RSRP (dBm):  -111
Tx Power:      22		TAC:         7C80 (31872)
RSRQ (dB):     -11.2		Cell ID:     03FB0339 (66782009)
SINR (dB):     13.6
Using stock antennas, so not worried about signal levels at this time, only testing.

The issue is not if I can get connected, connecting fine with x.ispsn. Issue is connecting and not being able to browse all sites.
BillA

Post by BillA »

terryjett wrote: Sun May 10, 2020 5:14 pm Can save us both time. n.ispsn never connects to the network. Plain ole will never connect. Now x.ispsn connects without any issues:

!GSTATUS: 
Current Time:  10721		Temperature: 44
Reset Counter: 3		Mode:        ONLINE         
System mode:   LTE        	PS state:    Attached     
LTE band:      B41    		LTE bw:      20 MHz  
LTE Rx chan:   41292		LTE Tx chan: 41292
LTE CA state:  ACTIVE      		LTE Scell band:B41    
LTE Scell bw:20 MHz  		LTE Scell chan:41094
EMM state:     Registered     	Normal Service 
RRC state:     RRC Connected  
IMS reg state: No Srv  		

PCC RxM RSSI:  -83		RSRP (dBm):  -114
PCC RxD RSSI:  -80		RSRP (dBm):  -109
SCC RxM RSSI:  -83		RSRP (dBm):  -116
SCC RxD RSSI:  -79		RSRP (dBm):  -111
Tx Power:      22		TAC:         7C80 (31872)
RSRQ (dB):     -11.2		Cell ID:     03FB0339 (66782009)
SINR (dB):     13.6
Using stock antennas, so not worried about signal levels at this time, only testing.

The issue is not if I can get connected, connecting fine with x.ispsn. Issue is connecting and not being able to browse all sites.

My logical deduction would be it has something to do with imei restrictions since you have all the settings properly set in the router, yet it works in a phone. As another test to eliminate a router issue, try to tether the phone to the router (make sure to disable or pull the internal modem), and go from there. It works then it's likely some funky modem issue, if it doesn't work then it's definitely not a modem but router issue.
terryjett

Post by terryjett »

As another test to eliminate a router issue, try to tether the phone to the router (make sure to disable or pull the internal modem)
Been there, done that and works fine. Can tether the phone directly to computer, WE826, the tiny yellow routers, my ASUS RT-N66U and works fine. Can browse all sites. Place the SIM in WE826/EM7455 and my issue of only browsing certain site appears.

Very well could be IMEI / SIM restrictions but want to try everything possible before hanging my spurs up...
BillA

Post by BillA »

terryjett wrote: Sun May 10, 2020 5:47 pm Been there, done that and works fine. Can tether the phone directly to computer, WE826, the tiny yellow routers, my ASUS RT-N66U and works fine. Can browse all sites. Place the SIM in WE826/EM7455 and my issue of only browsing certain site appears.

Very well could be IMEI / SIM restrictions but want to try everything possible before hanging my spurs up...

Ok, as a last test, try running a free VPN in either your router or pc to mask all traffic.
Before the VPN test, try turning IPv4 and v6 on individually in the router rather than both on at the same time.
The only other thing I can think of, is that the modem is not provisioned properly, since Sprint is still using the old legacy CDMA provisioning protocol (those days should be over soon now that they've merged with Tmobile). Maybe do a full factory reset/reflash on the modem, then try again. Gotta solve this issue, otherwise how can you sleep tonight?! lol
terryjett

Post by terryjett »

Gotta solve this issue, otherwise how can you sleep tonight?
That is damn truth there!

Got to close down for few hours and prticpate in aunt's mother day festivities. She got home made blackberry wine so maybe will get that sleep after all:)

I will continue on this and report back my findings. Surely I am not the only one in the world with this issue...
terryjett

Post by terryjett »

Well, guess there is no answer why part of menu is missing in GO model. Time to shelf this project and move on to greener pastures. As they say in my neck of the woods, "got bigger fish to fry".
JimHelms
Site Admin

Post by JimHelms »

terryjett wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 9:43 am Well, guess there is no answer why part of menu is missing in GO model. Time to shelf this project and move on to greener pastures. As they say in my neck of the woods, "got bigger fish to fry".
Might try one of the previous builds, or a stock GoldenOrb build, or inquire over at the Whirlpool forum since the GO stands for GoldenOrb.
terryjett

Post by terryjett »

Got ya.
Didneywhorl

Post by Didneywhorl »

The guys on the whirlpool forum who made the firmware for Jim could prob answer you better.
terryjett

Post by terryjett »

Didneywhorl wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 9:40 pm The guys on the whirlpool forum who made the firmware for Jim could prob answer you better.
Yes, my bad. Thought it was a custom firmware Jim had brewed up. Thanks!
mezmerizz0454

Post by mezmerizz0454 »

i just want say i tried everything but n.ispsn with no luck so then i tried n.ispsn and connected to the network....
this was today

I need to add more info to this statement.
the account that i was able to use the n.ispsn to connect with was a phone sim in a NexQ6Go and the modem was set to QMI mode.
i tried the tablet accounts on Sprint and these settings above would not work, i had to use
x.ispsn for the APN and i had to have the modem (EM12-G) set to MBIM mode to connect with the tablet accounts.

Return to “ZBT Routers”