Verizon Unlimited or PagePlus - current provider cancelled service.

Topics on Service Providers, Deals, Options, Etc.
Forum rules
No internet reseller is permitted to market their services. No Exceptions.
hw1353

Verizon Unlimited or PagePlus - current provider cancelled service.

Post by hw1353 »

Current reseller I was getting verizon service through has moved to a new business model requiring use of specific hardware to use their service. Since that will not work for my setup, I'm exploring options.

Verizon is the only option in my area. My brother lives close by and has a different provider(still verizon, different reseller) and still works well. Looking to see if I can get another SIM/line added to his plan. We have the same setups:

WE826/Wifix(march2020)/MC7455

PagePlus?:

-Can I activate the 55/unlimited plan sim in any unlocked phone? Or do I need to purchase one through them?
-I typically work from home over LTE/stream netflix/game at night, is there any downside to using Pageplus for any of these? Is there an hourly/daily data cap? I see that over 60GB per month, they reserve the right to investigate your account.

Verizon Unlimited
-I have searched for an exact answer for this question for over an hour, please forgive me if its been asked before, but can voice/data SIM cards from verizon work in the WE826-TE/MC7455 routers? Some say yes, others say no. Some users say verizon flags the sierra devices? Or is that just the MoFi devices with the Sierra Modems?
-The IMEI of my unlocked cell phone works to create a new plan with verizon unlimited.
-I have both a prepaid Verizon Jetpack and a completely unlocked Cell phone if I needed to activated the SIM.
-Any caveats?

My current setup was a vzwinternet APN, I am unaware if it was provisioned for voice, I never tested it, but it worked in both my WE826/MC7455 and the Jetpack 4400 great.

Just doesn't seem to be a well documented YES or NO for voice provisioned SIM cards working in the WE826/similar devices. I've read the cradlepoints require data-only sims.

Before the service was changed, my Verizon LTE connection fit my needs perfectly.

Thanks in advance!
hw1353

Re: Verizon Unlimited or PagePlus - current provider cancelled service.

Post by hw1353 »

Got to love finding stuff after you make a post about it.

PagePlus: Does work, requires alternate APN and TTL values. Seems like it must be activated in a cell phone first. I have a moto g7 unlocked that would work with these SIMs.

Verizon: Seems to flag users that use mofi-4500 setups? This is the one I'm not sure about, as I've read several posts about verizon voice sim cards not working with WE826-TE/MC7455. I haven't experienced that issue with my previous service, or the prepaid verizon account I'm temporarily using, but its for hotspot data only.

Now I'm just wondering if it will deactivate my service after I activate it on my cell phone, then put the SIM in my modem and connect...seems hit or miss from what I've read.

I ordered some PagePlus SIM cards, as I may start using them for my personal cell phone as well. Verizon by far has the best service in my area. If anyone has any tips they could message me about activating the PagePlus, that would be great!

hw1353
Jordan2020

Post by Jordan2020 »

@PagePlus: You can try the EMEI on their website and see if it will work.

I believe the device has to either be from them or from Verizon (PagePlus said Authorized Verizon Device). For some reason i couldn't get their website to work properly unless i loaded it with Edge browser (got console errors on chrome, firefox). I ended up just using their $19 phone to create the account, make a call and then i put it in my Mofi.

I've used Verizon Prepaid and PagePlus both from my Mofi with no issues yet.

I've heard of people losing their PagePlus account after going over 60gb. I've also heard of people using 200gb+ without issue. Not sure what the deal is but i'm tempted to not go over 60gb.
gscheb

Post by gscheb »

Might want to read about things on this post here concerning PagePlus
https://wirelessjoint.com/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=1041
hw1353

Post by hw1353 »

Thanks for that. 60GB may be an issue for me.

gscheb, been reading some of your posts about t-mobile..

While T-mobile isn't my first choice, as its further away than the verizon towers, I have ordered a T-mobile sim to see if I can connect to these towers, and what my speeds look like. If so I'm going magenta plan with addons.
gscheb

Post by gscheb »

Yes T-Mobile is the best I have found. To be honest I think that Verizon has better coverage and abilities. But they are more stingy with what they let you have. T-Mobile doesn't seem to be as rigid with their data.
That 55+ plan with the Add-ons for $65 is a pretty good deal. If someone is in the heart of T-Mobile coverage they even offer a legit home ISP plan over LTE coverage $50. But the device they use don't have antenna ports so if you far away like me it don't work.

Return to “Internet Service Providers”