CBA850-LP6

Cradlepoint Router Topics
Forum rules
Use the SEARCH function for related topics PRIOR to posting a new topic on the same subject.
bartman99
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

CBA850-LP6

Post by bartman99 »

I have 2 sims installed in my LP6. I have a couple questions:
  • Is there any quick way in the GUI or console to switch back and forth between the SIMS?
  • I'd like to use "smart WAN selection" to switch between SIMS when the d/l speed drops. AFAIK, I can trigger with latency, jitter and signal. Any workarounds?
JimHelms
Site Admin

Re: CBA850-LP6

Post by JimHelms »

bartman99 wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 10:31 am I have 2 sims installed in my LP6. I have a couple questions:
  • Is there any quick way in the GUI or console to switch back and forth between the SIMS?
  • I'd like to use "smart WAN selection" to switch between SIMS when the d/l speed drops. AFAIK, I can trigger with latency, jitter and signal. Any workarounds?
The quickest way from the GUI is in Connection Manager. From the left hand side you can drag and drop (up or down) which ever SIM Card you want connected. The higher interface gets priority over the lowers.

The Smart WAN selection has a lot of options for setting the switch over. I would recommend referring to the user manual on that one.
TLI_Mark
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: CBA850-LP6

Post by TLI_Mark »

I had the same question (and posted it before I found this discussion). When I move one sim "over" the other to change priority it doesn't switch. Perhaps I have something set wrong, because I'm also trying to set it to switch automatically on usage?

Return to “Cradlepoint Routers”