PagePlus + Mofi - What am i missing?

Topics on Service Providers, Deals, Options, Etc.
Forum rules
No internet reseller is permitted to market their services. No Exceptions.
Jordan2020

PagePlus + Mofi - What am i missing?

Post by Jordan2020 »

Currently i'm using my Mofi /w the Verizon $70 a month 15gb plan.

I purchased a $19 phone + sim card from PagePlus and activated it with their phone. I confirmed that data/phone service work on it. I then put the card in my mofi (set to verizon with TTL of 65) and it won't connect. I tried 65, 64, 117 TTL (set each then do a reboot) and none worked.

Am i screwed on getting Pageplus to work with my Mofi or am i missing something?

Put my Verizon simcard back in my Mofi and it works perfectly. Made sure to reset the sim/phone number after changing sim cards of course and did a restart.
Didneywhorl

Re: PagePlus + Mofi - What am i missing?

Post by Didneywhorl »

Check the apn, might be different.
Didneywhorl

Post by Didneywhorl »

Is it connecting to the carrier network, just not passing internet data? Or is it not connecting at all?
BillA

Post by BillA »

Jordan2020 wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 1:45 pm Currently i'm using my Mofi /w the Verizon $70 a month 15gb plan.

I purchased a $19 phone + sim card from PagePlus and activated it with their phone. I confirmed that data/phone service work on it. I then put the card in my mofi (set to verizon with TTL of 65) and it won't connect. I tried 65, 64, 117 TTL (set each then do a reboot) and none worked.

Am i screwed on getting Pageplus to work with my Mofi or am i missing something?

Put my Verizon simcard back in my Mofi and it works perfectly. Made sure to reset the sim/phone number after changing sim cards of course and did a restart.

The correct APN for PagePlus is "tracfone.vzwentp" (without the quotes, all lower case), and set the TTL to 117 (you could also try 63/64/65/66 but most likely it's 117).
If it still doesn't work post the modem's status by sending this AT command (assuming you're using a Sierra modem):

Code: Select all

AT!GSTATUS?
Jordan2020

Post by Jordan2020 »

You are all correct.

It was the APN. I set the APN to tracfone.vzwentp and TTL to 117 and it connected no problem.

Thank you so much guys. I feel like an idiot for not having noticed the apn setting as something you should change but i'd only read about the TTL.
Rangel

Post by Rangel »

Thanks it worked for me BIG HELP thanks. but still have to work some on the speeds thanks again
BillA

Post by BillA »

Rangel wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 7:36 am Thanks it worked for me BIG HELP thanks. but still have to work some on the speeds thanks again

As a quick test, try to run any free VPN on your pc, but test the VPN first through another internet source before the mobile data, and see if it hides your mobile usage while increasing speeds. If it's faster then there's hope, and might be able to get around it without a VPN. It has been reported by users that at about 200gigs of high speed usage usage, they slow down the speed till the next billing cycle, though it's possible to restart your monthly cycle early, and get your high speed data back immediately. Hopefully this limitation will be lifted in the future which is imposed on them and onto all other resellers/MVNO's by Verizon.
Rangel

Post by Rangel »

Thanks for the post i have used the pageplus $55 plan for one month now the speeds are around 20 download and i use 200gb and they slowed me down to almost 0 with 3 or 4 days to the next billing cycle, now it's back to normal again , a friend came over and he had tmobile phone i did speed test on his phone speeds was always over 60 down so i might try something with tmobile next thanks again
Didneywhorl

Post by Didneywhorl »

Rangel wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 7:54 am Thanks for the post i have used the pageplus $55 plan for one month now the speeds are around 20 download and i use 200gb and they slowed me down to almost 0 with 3 or 4 days to the next billing cycle, now it's back to normal again , a friend came over and he had tmobile phone i did speed test on his phone speeds was always over 60 down so i might try something with tmobile next thanks again
You cant compare a mofi to an cell phone, unless its an iphone 1 or something. The mofi has a category 4 or category 6 modem inside, depending on the model; and weak antennas at best.
Most cell phones today have category 16 or better modems and high powered specially engineered antenna arrays inside. Usually 4.

Your comparing a sports car to a golf cart
BillA

Post by BillA »

Rangel wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 7:54 am Thanks for the post i have used the pageplus $55 plan for one month now the speeds are around 20 download and i use 200gb and they slowed me down to almost 0 with 3 or 4 days to the next billing cycle, now it's back to normal again , a friend came over and he had tmobile phone i did speed test on his phone speeds was always over 60 down so i might try something with tmobile next thanks again

While your service is slowed down, try the sim card in a Verizon phone and run this seed test.
http://www.bing.com/widget/t/speedtest
If it's still slow then they put a soft throttle on your line till your next billing cycle starts, but if it's fast then your might be able to bypass it via the proper TTL, IPv4/v6 settings or a VPN.
Rangel

Post by Rangel »

Your right Didneywhorl You cant compare a mofi to an cell phone,
I will try to run the speed test link that BillA post http://www.bing.com/widget/t/speedtest next time it's slows down, and my ttl its set to 117 thanks
LoveMeSomeCALTE

Post by LoveMeSomeCALTE »

BillA wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 4:46 am set the TTL to 117 (you could also try 63/64/65/66 but most likely it's 117).
Bill,

I'm trying to understand the logic of a 117 TTL.

I understand why the 65 TTL exists for an Android driven stack but why would Page Plus choose a a 117 TTL?
Didneywhorl

Post by Didneywhorl »

LoveMeSomeCALTE wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 6:28 pm Bill,

I understand why the 65 TTL exists for an Android driven stack but why would Page Plus choose a a 117 TTL?
It's something people toyed with and found to work specifically with Verizon. They tried all sorts of TL settings and 117 started showing "hotspot data" as on device/phone data.

I'm not perfectly sure of the genesis, bur I believe thats close.
BillA

Post by BillA »

LoveMeSomeCALTE wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 6:28 pm Bill,

As tested on PagePlus, pretty much any TTL seems to work (maybe just with them), but it doesn't hurt to follow the Verizon norm and set it to 117.
It has been reported by users that at about 200gigs of high speed usage regardless of TTL settings, they slow down the speed till the next billing cycle, though it's possible to restart your monthly cycle early, and get your high speed data back immediately. Hopefully this limitation will be lifted in the future which is imposed on them and onto all other resellers/MVNO's by Verizon.
In order to do an early restart, you need to remove the sim card from the router, insert it into a Verizon phone, make an extra monthly payment, then request an early restart. If having troubles, or no access to a Verizon phone, click contact under my profile pic.
amart79196
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by amart79196 »

I would love to know how to get the service to actually work on the 8800L. There is not way as far as i can tell, but some ppl here have had success.

Is there a reason who PM's are shut off on this forum? If so, and I believe things should stay private, so, if you want to respond, im at gmail and I can be emailed there. the user name is the email address.

Thank you
Didneywhorl

Post by Didneywhorl »

amart79196 wrote: Sat Aug 29, 2020 1:38 am I would love to know how to get the service to actually work on the 8800L. There is not way as far as i can tell, but some ppl here have had success.

Is there a reason who PM's are shut off on this forum? If so, and I believe things should stay private, so, if you want to respond, im at gmail and I can be emailed there. the user name is the email address.

Thank you
The PMs were shut off for multiple reasons, the biggest one being that anything that leads to a resolution would be information better posted in public so everyone here can benefit.
iamromulan

Post by iamromulan »

Hey there! Not sure if it would be better to start a new thread or not but here it goes!
I have a GL-X750 with a EP06-A modem and page plus service. I went over the 200gb limit and was slowed to unusable speeds. The modem wouldn't even connect at this point. I popped the sim into my OnePlus 8 Pro (original activation) and tested it at 0.02 Mbps last night. So I bought another $55 plan and called to have it reset. Got home today and the modem still hasn't connected. Put the sim into my phone again and now I have no data access. Checked the APN and everything is correct. Any idea what would cause this? Initial phone call to page plus didn't yield any results. They just said they would call back in 15min but I had to step away. I'll probably give them a call later, just wanted to see if anyone else has seen this before. Thanks!
iamromulan

Post by iamromulan »

After 3 days of trying to work it out a customer service rep who knew what they were doing tried a "last resort method" as they said and my data came back on. Working no problem now in my x750.
tvecell
Has thanked: 0

Post by tvecell »

As far as I can tell, Verizon is kicking devices with unapproved IMEI's off the network. I have a GL-X750 with an EP06-A as well. Have been using it on Verizon with a US-Mobile SIM for over a year just fine. Then I got a message from US-Mobile that I'm using an unapproved device and Verizon would kick me off in a couple of days. Sure enough, they did. If I "fix" the problem on my end the modem connects just fine. I decided to give T-Mobile a spin rather than operate in a grey zone...

NB: the EP06-A is a generally approved device on Verizon's network, but each individual device's IMEI also needs to be registered with Verizon by the device vendor and mine isn't.

NNB: I have been consistently impressed by US-Mobile's customer service, very suprising.
TheBurnsbee

Post by TheBurnsbee »

I was also kicked almost immediately when i re upped my page plus account and popped sim in my NEXQGO and Em-20. It was rather unusual, once I plugged in the router and booted after about a minute or 2, my router would reset itself. I check the settings on my router and found that it was trying to connect. Once it found the provider details it reset my router.

Isnt there a way to get around this?? Im not a total newbie but i did like my service with page plus until this debacle

I grabbed an at&t sim and it fired right up. I really would like my verizon tower back if you can guide me in that direction. A real sad day for Verizon customers
iamromulan

Post by iamromulan »

Well lol like tvcell said, they are kicking unapproved IMEIs from the network. Got a way I can PM you? :P

Return to “Internet Service Providers”