New guy with just enough info to be dangerous

This a discussion place for anything related to wireless
GunGuy
Has thanked: 0

New guy with just enough info to be dangerous

Post by GunGuy »

I'm new to most of this tech but i am looking to learn. I have several WE826 devices I'm looking to modify or upgrade to get me some internet at the lake on the cheap. Anybody have some cool tips or tricks or any good links for some much needed research. I have about 20 or so at the moment, so I am even up for some possible destructive mods.
Thanks in advanced,
GunGuy
Didneywhorl

Re: New guy with just enough info to be dangerous

Post by Didneywhorl »

1. How does someone with limited knowledge on this run into 20 we826s?

2. What modems are inside?
BillA

Post by BillA »

Didneywhorl wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 11:46 pm 1. How does someone with limited knowledge on this run into 20 we826s?

2. What modems are inside?

"I have about 20 or so at the moment" I think by he meant "tips" not actual routers. lol

@ GunGuy < If you don't want to mess around too much, you can find prebuilt/configured routers at thewirelesshaven.com
GunGuy

Post by GunGuy »

I currently have zero tips, and 23 units. All are using a GSM modem, I'll open one up and get some numbers later. They are units from the RV industry that customers reset and lost the installed settings from the OEM or the customer was given the wrong SIM card by the cell provider and were sent back as defective. I am just looking to see what can be done with these, I hate good toys to go to waste.
Didneywhorl

Post by Didneywhorl »

Cool.

Figure out the modem. But all they need is a power up, verify the firmware, maybe an update, and lastly a valid SIM card and they could be up and interwebz providing for whoever.

If you really want to play, you could get a few of the up and learn about load balancing and even WAN bonding, though not too beginner friendly.
GunGuy

Post by GunGuy »

Didneywhorl wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 5:11 pm Cool.

Figure out the modem. But all they need is a power up, verify the firmware, maybe an update, and lastly a valid SIM card and they could be up and interwebz providing for whoever.

If you really want to play, you could get a few of the up and learn about load balancing and even WAN bonding, though not too beginner friendly.
I'm learning really quick like. I got a couple of them up and running. I did a little reading about load balancing and WAN bonding and I think I might save that for a winter project.

Return to “OPEN | UNCLASSIFIED”