WE826-T2 and EM7565 - No Modem Present?

ROUTER Topics that are general or unclassified in nature, or does not belong elsewhere
Forum rules
Please assure there is not an existing forum and topic related to your post
thejohnfist
Has thanked: 0

WE826-T2 and EM7565 - No Modem Present?

Post by thejohnfist »

Had this set up for about a year now. Today we had a storm roll through, no big deal, storm blew off and everything was still working. Then we had a power outage that maybe lasted 30 seconds. This has happened before with no issues.

Today however, the internet didn't come back. Router still seems to operate, and it detects the modem:

Image tag didnt work so:
https://imgur.com/e9wHHVA

However, on the Network Status page, there's No Modem Present at the top, and no data connection. Can't send commands to the modem at all.

I tried reseating the modem and connections. No success. Is it the modem that's dead? Router port? Sim card?

Any help would be great... Thanks
thejohnfist

Re: WE826-T2 and EM7565 - No Modem Present?

Post by thejohnfist »

For anyone who checks this in the future -- I reflashed the router. No change as far as the modem was concerned.

I pulled the modem and tried connecting it to my Windows 10 PC with a USB adapter so I could flash new firmware on it. So far, no luck with that. Not sure yet if I'm doing something wrong or if it's dead-dead.

Will update later.
JimHelms
Site Admin

Post by JimHelms »

thejohnfist wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 8:35 pm For anyone who checks this in the future -- I reflashed the router. No change as far as the modem was concerned.

I pulled the modem and tried connecting it to my Windows 10 PC with a USB adapter so I could flash new firmware on it. So far, no luck with that. Not sure yet if I'm doing something wrong or if it's dead-dead.

Will update later.
Did you download and install the Sierra software for Windows (drivers)?
thejohnfist

Post by thejohnfist »

I did install the drivers. Not sure what's supposed to happen though. I install the drivers, then plug the device in (device seemingly can't be found on my PC, no notifications or anything in the device manager) and run the firmware, only to get "device not found" error.
JimHelms
Site Admin

Post by JimHelms »

When you plug in the USB adapter, does it show any lights, or does the PC make a sound that it normally makes when a USB device is plugged in.

Also, under the Device Manager do you see any reference to the modem.
thejohnfist

Post by thejohnfist »

The light on the USB device lights up (I tried multiple ports, USB2 and USB3) but the computer didn't seem to notice anything was there.

The only mention of anything Sierra Wireless was something the drivers installed (it was present regardless of the USB device).
thejohnfist

Post by thejohnfist »

Giving up on this one. Going to order a MC7455 and hope it works out.
Didneywhorl

Post by Didneywhorl »

Which version of R00ter did you use? Is it newer than the one you were using before?
thejohnfist

Post by thejohnfist »

It was newer, yes. I'm pretty sure the modem is dead. Put in the new modem and everything went right back to normal.

Return to “General and Unclassified”