Video Throttling

Topics on Service Providers, Deals, Options, Etc.
Forum rules
No internet reseller is permitted to market their services. No Exceptions.
gscheb

Video Throttling

Post by gscheb »

Hello.
Have someone that is getting great speeds on a T-Mobile reseller but are being terribly throttled with video. Ookla speed test in the fourties or more.
Fast.com is like 1.5 down. That is a speed test for video.
Does anyone know how to fix this?
gscheb

Re: Video Throttling

Post by gscheb »

So far the only way I have been able to stream with this service is by using a fire stick and adding a VPN app called X-VPN. Totally free VPN. Know I could add a VPN to the router itself but don't want all the data going thru the VPN.
Any ideas out there?
Another way to get this done?
gscheb

Post by gscheb »

So far seems like allot of effort to get this done without a HD streaming included. Ended up ordering a T-Mobile post pay plan. T-Mobile are the only ones I know of that offer a unlimited HD streaming.
Got the 55+ plan for people over the age of 55. Get one line of 55+ magenta for $50 then add the magenta "plus up data" add on for the HD streaming an extra $15. So $65 flat with taxes and everything.
brady8807
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by brady8807 »

gscheb wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 8:55 am So far seems like allot of effort to get this done without a HD streaming included. Ended up ordering a T-Mobile post pay plan. T-Mobile are the only ones I know of that offer a unlimited HD streaming.
Got the 55+ plan for people over the age of 55. Get one line of 55+ magenta for $50 then add the magenta plus add on for the HD streaming an extra $15. So $65 flat with taxes and everything.
How's it working so far?
BillA

Post by BillA »

Video throttling can be bypassed on virtually all carriers without having to sign up for any add-ons or using slow VPN's. The solution is using a simple cheap (or even free) proxy, which can be set to run the video stream only. Here are the details on how to do it:
https://wirelessjoint.com/viewtopic.php?p=4706#p4706
gscheb

Post by gscheb »

brady8807 wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 9:47 pm How's it working so far?
It is working fine so far.

Billa this solution for video throttling is there a way to make that work for Roku and Fire stick?
BillA

Post by BillA »

gscheb wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 7:30 am It is working fine so far.

Billa this solution for video throttling is there a way to make that work for Roku and Fire stick?

The solution I have posted is for Chrome in Windows. If you can set up the proxy in the router, then it should work with all connected devices.

Return to “Internet Service Providers”