Activate SIM without phone

Topics on Service Providers, Deals, Options, Etc.
Forum rules
No internet reseller is permitted to market their services. No Exceptions.
battletross
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Activate SIM without phone

Post by battletross »

Looking to get my Mofi4500 set up with T-Mobile or Simple Mobile, but I do not have a T-Mobile or unlocked phone to activate the sim. What's the process here? Do I need to purchase somebodies old device on ebay or something to get it activated?

On that same note, I do have Verizon phones available and could try PagePlus, but it doesn't look like people are having much success swapping sims with Verizon. Any workaround here? Tmobile/att/verizon towers are all about equidistant from our location, so just trying to get ANYTHING up and running. Thanks in advance!
Didneywhorl

Re: Activate SIM without phone

Post by Didneywhorl »

Yeah, you need to have a SIM to get the device setup. I mean, technically you don't need a SIM to set all your settings, but you need the SIM to get moving and tuned into the towers.

Search for "PagePlus" on this forum. I've seen BillA talk a lot about people using it with limited issues. I think he really likes to tether phones to hotspots as an easier method of bypassing issues, but I'm no expert in that.

The issue people have been having with Verizon, it seems, is that Verizon knows when the device isn't the one provisioned to the account, via IMEI likely. They are usually pretty savvy. Older style accounts and sellers seem to not worry about this.

Tmobile has its work-arounds. Also lots of info on this site.

You may want to check the facebook group, it is VERY active and FILLED with information like you are looking for.

Return to “Internet Service Providers”