Carrier Aggregation and Signal Questions

Misc Mini PCI-E and M.2 Modem Card and USB Dongle Topics
Forum rules
Use the SEARCH function for related topics PRIOR to posting a new topic on the same subject.
A.Bursell

Carrier Aggregation and Signal Questions

Post by A.Bursell »

Hello- I am currently using a WE826/7455 modem and have only one tower (AT&T) within range. It has bands 2/12. That is all I have ever been able to connect to and using the mapping sites confirms it (as long as they are accurate). I definitely don't have the greatest signal, but that brings me to a couple questions.

Currently I do get CA with both bands - 2/12. I know I can't make the tower have more bands, but it looks like the newer modems with more CA ability offer interband CA. Is there a way to know if I would be able to get something like 2/2/12 or 2/2/12/12 for example before purchasing new hardware? Does the tower have to support it or is it completely dependent on the modem? Would hate to buy and upgrade modems and get nothing out of it.

Also, would it make any sense to still use a WE826 but with an upgraded modem, knowing that I would face the 100mb port limitation, but also knowing that I will likely not see close to that speed due to the signal constraints? In other words, use the cheapest hardware because I won't be able to max it out anyway?

Thanks for any insight.

Return to “Misc Modem Cards and Dongles”