Simple Mobile and MOFI 4500

Topics on Service Providers, Deals, Options, Etc.
Forum rules
No internet reseller is permitted to market their services. No Exceptions.
_thoma
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Simple Mobile and MOFI 4500

Post by _thoma »

Hi Everybody,

I have been following this forum for a few weeks now, myself looking for an affordable option to have a decent enough Internet connection in a rural area. Thanks for all those information!

I have opted for the following:
  • MOFI 4500
  • Simple Mobile Unlimited Internet for $50/month
Received the Sim card on Monday, installed it and everything went more or less well up until this morning. Internet is not working at all anymore. In a test, I have taken the SIM card our the router, put it in my phone and Internet was working. Put it back in the router, Internet worked for a few seconds then nothing anymore again. :oops:

Running the Band Scanner tool reveals BANDS 2, 4 and 12 are visible. Checking BandLock, the router is connected to B12 (best band).

I'm at loss on what could be wrong. Any experts with some thoughts? :|

Thanks all!
LoveMeSomeCALTE

Re: Simple Mobile and MOFI 4500

Post by LoveMeSomeCALTE »

Sorry it looks like this post fell through the cracks. I am on the path to ordering my first Simple Mobile $50/month plan from eBay myself and am curious if you figured out the solution?
BillA

Re: Simple Mobile and MOFI 4500

Post by BillA »

_thoma wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 8:25 am Hi Everybody,

Received the Sim card on Monday, installed it and everything went more or less well up until this morning. Internet is not working at all anymore. In a test, I have taken the SIM card our the router, put it in my phone and Internet was working. Put it back in the router, Internet worked for a few seconds then nothing anymore again. :oops:

If the sim worked in a phone, then most likely the TTL is set incorrectly in the router.
Try 64/65/66/117, and reboot the router after each change.
Then there's another issue where the account gets hotlined for being detected in a router, good luck fixing it with Ebay dealers. If you'd like, I can look up the account and let you know if that's the case.

Return to “Internet Service Providers”