Real life experience with Simple Mobile or PagePlus or TelTik

Topics on Service Providers, Deals, Options, Etc.
Forum rules
No internet reseller is permitted to market their services. No Exceptions.
gscheb

Real life experience with Simple Mobile or PagePlus or TelTik

Post by gscheb »

Hello all,
Know someone that has now lost their AT&T reseller plan. Looking at getting different service. Can go either the Verizon or T-mobile path. Believe from what I have read on here AT&T is basically a lost effort at this time for acquiring new service.
Wanting to please hear from anyone that has used either one of these with or without success. Also interested someone using it directly in a router. Not phone tethered to a router.
Or possibly any other alternatives for plans.
Thanks in advance for any advice on these plans.
BillA

Re: Real life experience with Simple Mobile or PagePlus or ?

Post by BillA »

gscheb wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 7:08 pm Hello all,
Know someone that has now lost their AT&T reseller plan. Looking at getting different service. Can go either the Verizon or T-mobile path. Believe from what I have read on here AT&T is basically a lost effort at this time for acquiring new service.
Wanting to please hear from anyone that has used either one of these with or without success. Also interested someone using it directly in a router. Not phone tethered to a router.

The actual Tmobile prepaid or postpaid plan works in a router with the proper TTL settings (try 64 and 65).
Here's a list of alternative prepaid carriers you could use in an OpenWRT router with the proper settings.
https://wirelessjoint.com/viewtopic.php?p=5790#p5790
gscheb

Post by gscheb »

Hello BillA,
Do you or someone you know have experience with one of these plans with the sim in the router?
BillA

Post by BillA »

gscheb wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 12:55 am Hello BillA,
Do you or someone you know have experience with one of these plans with the sim in the router?

I have helped someone set up their existing postpaid Tmobile plan on a WE826.
The only items you need to set up are the time zone, time/date, APN = fast.t-mobile.com, and TTL 64 or 65
It will not work in locked firmware routers where you can't set the TTL (ex. Netgear M1 Nighthawk, or other non-OpenWRT routers, unless you can somehow hack them).
If the router is still using hostpot data instead of phone data (course you must have unlimited phone data for this to work), then simply disable IPv6 either through the router's settings menu, or by creating a custom firewall settings like this:

Code: Select all

iptables -t mangle -I PREROUTING -i wwan0 -j TTL --ttl-set 65
ip6tables -t mangle -A POSTROUTING -o wwan0 -j HL --hl-set 65
gscheb

Post by gscheb »

Hello all,
BrentV

Post by BrentV »

Im using simple mobile with a we826+mc7455 and Wifix. I had some issues getting it to work at first. It worked in my phone and in my MOFI 4500 immediately but it took a long time for it to work in the We826, i'm not even entirely sure what finally solved it but it's been working fine since Mar 31, 2020. I'm using the TTL 65 settings. The stream saver settings are disabled on the account, however its apparent that youtube and Netflix are still restricted to 1.4-1.6 Mbps down as observed in windows task manager. I used a browser VPN plugin called Hoxx VPN and it resolved the low quality resolution I was getting in Netflix and youtube. My speeds aren't as good as on At&t. I get about 12-16 on the Tmobile network. 50 or so on at&t. Maybe speeds will improve as they merge with sprint. It works fine for gaming. Latency is low 30-50ms. I'm hoping to find a different solution for the video throttling. If anyone has any ideas other than a VPN, preferably something I can set within the router.
gscheb

Post by gscheb »

Hello,
Just today got the people that lost their AT&T set up with T-Mobile thru a reseller. Works good so far. Only odd thing is that the Xbox one was going very slow down load on games like .5 down. Then set the TTL to 64 and bam it the xbox was down loading at about 30 to 42 down.
BrentV

Post by BrentV »

Well I'm not sure what's going on with my Simple mobile line today. Has been working very well since March 31, 2020. But this afternoon it stopped playing youtube videos and pages were loading slow or not at all. The network in my we826 says "home" instead of T-mobile, and when I put it in a phone and did a speed test the network reported by speedtest.net also said "home" whereas before it said t-mobile as the network. I've been trying different things and I noticed when I use a VPN everything speeds up and I can watch videos again and open pages. This makes me think the simple mobile network has decided to implement some sort of throttling. Although I'm not sure why the VPN works to prevent the throttling. I'm also unsure of how much data i've used and if that has anything to do with it. I will monitor the situation and see if it magically resolves, although at the moment I'm not so sure simple is going to be an ideal alternative for me.

Anyone know if the Teltik plans will work in a We826 + mc7455 and what TTL settings if any are required?
gscheb

Post by gscheb »

Anyone know if the Teltik plans will work in a We826 + mc7455 and what TTL settings if any are required?
Sorry it wasn't the teltik plan but a T-Mobile reseller and have no idea where it came from for sure.
But did use a WE826 with MC7455 TTL of 64.
gscheb

Re: Real life experience with Simple Mobile or PagePlus or TelTik

Post by gscheb »

Hello, is there anyone out there that can give more info about the Teltik plans?
Cevolaj
Has thanked: 0

Post by Cevolaj »

I've been running Pageplus with a Mofi4500 for the last 2 months. In fact today is the end of my second billing cycle. I've had decent speeds depending on congestion considering my signal situation is far less than ideal. I've noticed my ping has been significantly higher for the last few weeks. It was originally consistently around 30-45, but jumped to around 150-400 and has been very inconsistent. This really hasn't been that big of an issue for how we typically use it, but about 3 days ago it became completely unuseable. Speedtests have been .1-.3 with 600-1500 ping. I suspected that I was being throttled, but was holding out hope that maybe there was an issue with the tower or my antennas until today. I brought my modem to work and tested and got the same results with excellent signal. The first month we used just under 100GB, and had just hit 200GB this month when we got throttled. There are no message/warning on my Pageplus account login. I haven't decided yet whether I'm going to try to renew and see if it resets. Idk what luck others have had with it, but that's where I'm at. I'm considering load balancing between two connections/carriers next go around, just not sure if Pageplus is going to be one of them.
afrey1982
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by afrey1982 »

Same happened to me with page plus, hit 60gb and that was the end of it.
gscheb

Post by gscheb »

Thanks everyone for the info on pageplus. It was one I was considering. Now I know not to mess with it.
Any other plans that people have success on?
Rangel

Post by Rangel »

Im using pageplus but my speeds are very slow with this apn tracfone.vzwentp and ttl 117 it's that you guys setup thanks
LoveMeSomeCALTE

Post by LoveMeSomeCALTE »

BillA wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 1:17 am If the router is still using hostpot data instead of phone data
Is there a way to actually test this on my teltik/TMo plan?

I can check my on device data user using the 932 USSD but I don't know of a way to monitor my hostpot data usage
Didneywhorl

Post by Didneywhorl »

Usually the only way is to log into your cell account and look. That is IF it gets reported for you to see. There may be a way to set it up to monitor from the device, but I don't know it. Might just be a project for ya! :)
BillA

Post by BillA »

LoveMeSomeCALTE wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 9:19 pm Is there a way to actually test this on my teltik/TMo plan?

I can check my on device data user using the 932 USSD but I don't know of a way to monitor my hostpot data usage

You could try sending #3282# from the phone's keypad or as Didneywhorl has suggested log into your online account and look at your usage details. Anyway, you'll find out pretty quickly if you router is using hotspot data, when the data connection stops before your monthly service is over.
LoveMeSomeCALTE

I am actually curious how USSDs work on phones - I have noticed that USSD codes like #3282# don't work on my unlocked phones but they do on locked phones, so there's something programmed into the locked phones where they work as intended while the unlocked phones don't know what to do with it?

New thread?
BillA

Post by BillA »

LoveMeSomeCALTE wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 7:57 am I am actually curious how USSDs work on phones - I have noticed that USSD codes like #3282# don't work on my unlocked phones but they do on locked phones, so there's something programmed into the locked phones where they work as intended while the unlocked phones don't know what to do with it?

New thread?

It's not because it's locked but unlocked phones use a generic firmware which may not contain the carrier's USSD codes.
LoveMeSomeCALTE

Is there something I can read up on?

For example, I like to run USSD codes like #3282# or #932# to keep tabs on my account activity but currently:

1. Have to detach the LTE modem from the router
2. Connect it to a PC and run the AT+CUSD command after setting the GSM encoding
3. Reattach the LTE modem to the router

I have to do this because I just cant get these USSD codes to run reliably on all the phones I have and I need to remember which phone runs which USSD code well.

Annoying
BillA

Post by BillA »

LoveMeSomeCALTE wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 8:17 pm Is there something I can read up on?

For example, I like to run USSD codes like #3282# or #932# to keep tabs on my account activity but currently:

1. Have to detach the LTE modem from the router
2. Connect it to a PC and run the AT+CUSD command after setting the GSM encoding
3. Reattach the LTE modem to the router

I have to do this because I just cant get these USSD codes to run reliably on all the phones I have and I need to remember which phone runs which USSD code well.

Annoying

Depending which service you have, most have an SMS code you can text directly from the router and receive your usage. For example on SimpleMobile text "USE" to 611611, on PagePlus text "BAL" to 7243.

By the way, after some research, found out that PagePlus has a 200GB high speed data limit (not 60GB) imposed on them by Verizon, and all other Verizon reseller have the same limitation too (despite what they are telling you). Things could change as time goes on.

Return to “Internet Service Providers”