WE826-T connected to Sprint Data network

Topics related to ZBT Routers
Forum rules
Use the SEARCH function for related topics PRIOR to posting a new topic on the same subject.
K9MMQ
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

WE826-T connected to Sprint Data network

Post by K9MMQ »

Greetings to the Group

I'm looking to purchase a WE826-E Router for wireless internet and I have some questions
1) What Model of Sierra 4G LTE Wireless card, for using the WE826-T on the SPRINT 4G LTE network? MC7455?
2) Will Sprint allow this WE826-T on their network?
3) Anyone know if Sprint blocks any ports?

Thanks,
K9MMQ
JimHelms
Site Admin

Re: WE826-T connected to Sprint Data network

Post by JimHelms »

Most use the MC7455 modem running the generic firmware for the Sprint network.

Most users are also using the SIM Card from a Sprint (via third part supplier) provisioned hotspot and plan.

The WE826-T cannot be provisioned by Sprint but it is not necessary when using the MC7455 with generic firmware.

It is possible, depending on the Sprint plan, to have the MC7455 provisioned thru Sprint. In that case, you could run the Sprint firmware on the MC7455.
Trkman76!

Post by Trkman76! »

I'm new here so Ill Apologize for the stupid question right now. Thanks for the tolerance.
I have a WE826-T with the Sierra MC7455 Modem. I'm a calyx supporter so I have a sprint aircard that has no external antenna ports and no usb tethering capability which is why I'm going the WE826 Route. Thank You in Advance for any guidance.
JimHelms
Site Admin

Post by JimHelms »

Trkman76! wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 5:26 pm I'm new here so Ill Apologize for the stupid question right now. Thanks for the tolerance.
Not a problem. We all had to start somewhere.

The WE826 and MC7455 is fairly easy to configure. There is a lot of useful information and tutorials on the forum to walk you through the process.
Trkman76!

Post by Trkman76! »

So here we go, I installed the following Firmware on a WE826-T with a Sierra MC7455 Modem.
we826-GO2018-09-02 , The Tutorial I used was the thewirelesshavenIT "Configuring the router" one that I found here on Wireless Joint. I cannot seem to get any internet from router. When configuring, some of the screens in tutorial were different then those in the Router screen. One that was way different was the Modem Connection Info was not present on my screen as it was in tutorial. I only had Connection Profile which did not have the same windows and selections as tutorial.
This brings me to the question of do I have the correct firmware? When I went directly to the GoldenOrb link from Jim Helms tutorial I did not see the choice for WE826 or MC7455. Not sure what I'm missing.
Also when I installed the 7455 in the router I could see that there were antenna ports on the modem, I assume these are for a different application and the modem gets its signal through the connection pins at the opposite end? Sorry for all these elementary questions I'm a bit lost thus far.
Thanks for anyone brave enough to try helping me. LOL
Trkman76!

Post by Trkman76! »

Also the Kernal Version of firmware is 4.14.54
JimHelms
Site Admin

Post by JimHelms »

Trkman76! wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 10:13 pm
When I went directly to the GoldenOrb link from Jim Helms tutorial I did not see the choice for WE826 or MC7455. Not sure what I'm missing.
The WE826 uses the same router PCB (board) as the WE3926 and the configurations are very similar. See
[url=http://wirelessjoint.com/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=21&sid=efad16ea300af0d9dd42b6a1dbb4dfca]THIS[/url] tutorial.

Also when I installed the 7455 in the router I could see that there were antenna ports on the modem, I assume these are for a different application and the modem gets its signal through the connection pins at the opposite end?
The modem must have the U.FL pigtails installed for the 4g LTE antennas. They are taped to the inside of the upper case of the router.

Antenna connectors for modem.jpg

The pigtail U.FL connectors will connect to the Main and Aux ports on the modem. Position the U.FL connector where the metal part of the connector does not touch the metal part of the modem. Rotate if necessary for clearance.

Main and Aux Ports.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Trkman76!

Post by Trkman76! »

Thanks for the clarification... Learning Here
Trkman76!

Post by Trkman76! »

So in step 6 of tutorial it talks about going to modem connection info
here is a screen shot of my dropdown in the configuration screen. As you can see its missing the Modem Connection Info Tab. That's where I'm lost. Thanks againImage
wifix router.PNG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
JimHelms
Site Admin

Post by JimHelms »

Yes, the new firmware has changed slightly. Go to MODEM > CONNECTION PROFILE > GENERAL > APN and enter your APN > SAVE and APPLY.

On the same page, you will see another tab for the Connection Monitoring. I would suggest you do not enable Connection Monitoring until you establish a good network connection.
Trkman76!

Post by Trkman76! »

Yes Sir. I did read that in the troubleshooting guide.
Great, I'm up and running now so I will start to familiarize myself with the different tabs and options with the router now.
I have an Orbi by Netgear Mesh home system so my plan was to plug via ethernet directly into the main router and one into my unmanaged network switch for the things I have plugged into my Cat 5 jacks around the home. Any suggestions?
I think I will turn off broadcasting since the network I would like the wifi items hooked to would be the Orbi mesh network. Do you agree? Thanks Again :)
JimHelms
Site Admin

Post by JimHelms »

Sounds reasonable. To each his own.

Return to “ZBT Routers”