DP727L15 - 15dBi 4G LTE Directional Antenna Review (Updated with comparisons)

Topics related to wireless broadband antennas
Forum rules
Use the SEARCH function for related topics PRIOR to posting a new topic on the same subject.
JimHelms
Site Admin

Re: DP727L15 - 15dBi 4G LTE Directional Antenna Review (Updated with comparisons)

Post by JimHelms »

As this topic is about antennas, lets stick with that topic.
pistolaro2

Re: DP727L15 - 15dBi 4G LTE Directional Antenna Review (Updated with comparisons)

Post by pistolaro2 »

Understanding that less is more in this scenario, what is the longest acceptable LMR400 and LMR600 run between antenna and router that everyone deems 'acceptable' ?
Didneywhorl

Post by Didneywhorl »

pistolaro2 wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 4:46 pm Understanding that less is more in this scenario, what is the longest acceptable LMR400 and LMR600 run between antenna and router that everyone deems 'acceptable' ?
TL;DR version: It depends on lots of factors, probably 20'. Mounting the modem by the antenna is an option.

Full length:
Honestly that depends. The top variable is, what gain does the antenna have. From there we need to calculate the losses via connectors and cabling. Those numbers depend on which cable were using and the specs they have; and of course specs from connector manufacturers. Part of those losses to be calculated, from the cabling, depend on what frequencies will be used, as losses increase as frequency increases.

After all that research and fun, you have to decide if its worth it, as cables are expensive.

....Or you could alternatively think about mounting the modem up with the antennas.
SliverGT
Has thanked: 0

Post by SliverGT »

Is this antenna still available? I don't see it on The Wireless Haven Store.
Didneywhorl

Post by Didneywhorl »

It's out of stock

https://thewirelesshaven.com/shop/antennas/4g-lte ... l-antenna/

If an item disappears from the main listing, its usually because its out of stock. The page still exists, it just gets removed from the main listing pages when they're not in stock. If you want to find the pages you can google the item AND "The Wireless Haven" and the out of stock item should pop up in the google search.
JimHelms
Site Admin

Post by JimHelms »

SliverGT wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 10:57 am Is this antenna still available? I don't see it on The Wireless Haven Store.
They are currently out of stock. Have a new shipment on order and will be here mid month.
redapse

Post by redapse »

Hi Jim,

Is this antenna going to be coming into stock soon? You mentioned mid month but I wonder if I already missed out and they sold out again. If so, do you have another ETA? Thank you
JimHelms
Site Admin

Post by JimHelms »

All I can tell you is that we are still waiting for these (and other) antennas to arrive.

International shipping has been severally disrupted over the past few months.
SharkAttack
Been thanked: 0

Post by SharkAttack »

Any idea when these may be available again? I am interested in trying them out in my very wooded location with no line of site.
Didneywhorl

Post by Didneywhorl »

SharkAttack wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 8:11 pm Any idea when these may be available again? I am interested in trying them out in my very wooded location with no line of site.
The Facebook shop has around 10 right now. https://facebook.com/netsolution.shop/shop/
If you don't do facebook, send me an email. I can help.
RonnieB223

Post by RonnieB223 »

Didneywhorl wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 1:27 am The Facebook shop has around 10 right now. https://facebook.com/netsolution.shop/shop/
If you don't do facebook, send me an email. I can help.
Dang those must have gone quick. I am just getting into the game with a MOFI4500. I do not have external antennas yet, but I will be attempting to make a Yagi to focus on Band 12 AT&T for now.

These antennas however I think may help me too as I am in a similar position as OP, towers about 4ish miles away and I am level with them or higher than them.

Any idea when more of these might come back in stock? I know that everything logistical is sideways at the moment, but it doesn't hurt to ask right?
Didneywhorl

Post by Didneywhorl »

They sell fast. The Wireless Haven is hoping to get stock soon, but they are at the mercy of others at the moment
JodyMusto

Post by JodyMusto »

The DP727L15 NF is a Wide Band 700-2700MHz 15dBi 4G LTE Directional Antenna. It is good with by far most of transporter groups and frequencies, making it reasonable for most 4G LTE applications. Furnished with a N Type Female Connector.
The reception apparatus' extremity is straight and its mount is intended to oblige vertical, flat and X extremity establishments.
The customizable edge mounting framework permit two radio wires to be effortlessly designed for establishments requiring MIMO +45/ - 45 degree ("X") polarization as reflected in representation underneath.

pcb design for manufacturing checklist
BillA

Post by BillA »

I really don't trust the specs on most generic, no-name brand antennas sold on Amazon or Ebay, because they put whatever "db" gains they want on the box. I do trust The Wireless Haven, Poynting, Proxicast and Wilson antennas.
deelowe

Post by deelowe »

Does anyone know when the shop is supposed to be back up? I need an antenna.
toddw

Post by toddw »

BillA wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 7:23 pm I really don't trust the specs on most generic, no-name brand antennas sold on Amazon or Ebay, because they put whatever "db" gains they want on the box. I do trust The Wireless Haven, Poynting, Proxicast and Wilson antennas.
I have tested everything above except The Wireless Haven (next on my list). I also tested RSRF, Bolton and ShureCall as I tend to target Band71 and 14. I have tested all three extensively and they perform solid.
Dr-BroadBand

Post by Dr-BroadBand »

Which antenna did you use to get B71 (600MHz) ??
Most antennas start at 700MHz
Chavar57

Post by Chavar57 »

keigan wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 3:01 pm This is my rig on the back patio. Signals inside of my house were never better than one bar, with two to occasional three bars outside.

With the antennas and a Mofi4500 i now have 30down and 25up with signal strength -88dbi. Tower is five miles away. The 10db 2.4ghz antennas cut right through the house and give me excellent performance from inside the house.

The flat panels actually have better performance in this config than in the -+45 offset. Additionally, subtle angle change to the second panel helped to strengthen the alternate signal.

Excellent thread!! I learned a ton and now have amamazing speeds
Keigan, was wondering what the the piece of equipment was that you have your antennas hooked up to that are shown in the pictures or if anyone else know, I would appreciate it.
Thanks
Didneywhorl

Post by Didneywhorl »

Chavar57 wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 3:02 pm Keigan, was wondering what the the piece of equipment was that you have your antennas hooked up to that are shown in the pictures or if anyone else know, I would appreciate it.
Thanks
Its a weatherproof router enclosure. thewirelesshaven.com sells enclosures. Some other places too
jrp78

Post by jrp78 »

Any idea when these will be back in stock? TIA.
jrp78

Post by jrp78 »

Bump. Did I miss something? Are they discontinued or will they be back in stock at some point?
Didneywhorl

Post by Didneywhorl »

jrp78 wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 7:32 am Bump. Did I miss something? Are they discontinued or will they be back in stock at some point?
They are in the works still. They will 100% for sure be back in stock. just getting an ETA is hard to nail down.
deepfringe

Post by deepfringe »

3. Signal to noise ratio is everything. I've noticed this in other tests as well. There's a few reasons for this. (Improving signal strength is a good idea, but SNR is much much more important)

B. The more narrow the bandwith, the higher SNR one will have. Why is this? Because the less spectrum you are viewing, the less noise you will have. This is why when I'm using both bands the signal to noise ratio is much lower than when I'm isolating the modem to one specific band.

4. I ordered some B2 yagis yesterday, so it will be interesting to see if they can improve on the SNR at my house, and therefore improve my throughput.
Do you think that all your experimentation verified the above points, especially B? I'm trying to decide what type of antenna will work best for my situation: https://wirelessjoint.com/viewtopic.php?f=24 ... 2eeafa8867

In general my RSRP is higher, but the RSRQ and SINR are lower. I would prefer multiband antennas for the band flexibility, but if the situation calls for yagis, then so be it.

Return to “Cellular Antennas”