Preparing for Antenna Build Questions

Questions and Support related to Antennas & Cables
Forum rules
Use the SEARCH function for related issues PRIOR to posting for assistance.
KennethPiper

Preparing for Antenna Build Questions

Post by KennethPiper »

Hey, guys, love the site ... tons of great info!

I have an EM7565 in a WE826-T2 on a Verizon network and am ready to make the leap to an outdoor antenna.

I have examined the tutorial, but I want to make sure I'm ordering the correct items before I click "buy."

Is this a correct antenna/housing?: SKU: ADM 1DE2427X19 RJ

Also, I don't know if the WE826-T2 disassembles like the router in the tutorial, and since it sounds like I would need another router for inside anyway, should I purchase a different router to put in the antenna? I can simply move the modem from the WE826 if that's the case and use the 826 in the house.

I also have a question about once the build is done. I was considering putting the in-house router in the attic and running CAT directly into wall outlets of several rooms. Unfortunately, that probably wouldn't allow for wireless throughout the house. Can you daisy-chain routers without significant signal loss?

Finally, after the antenna and possibly an additional router, what else should I purchase to get this build going?

Thanks in advance for all the help!
bjames

Re: Preparing for Antenna Build Questions

Post by bjames »

KennethPiper wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 9:08 am
Is this a correct antenna/housing?: SKU: ADM 1DE2427X19 RJ
That antenna is optimized for Sprint Band 41 and will not work for Verizon. This one would cover Verizon and most carriers. https://thewirelesshaven.com/shop/antennas/4g-lte ... 1-45-rj45/
KennethPiper

Post by KennethPiper »

bjames wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 10:00 am That antenna is optimized for Sprint Band 41 and will not work for Verizon. This one would cover Verizon and most carriers. https://thewirelesshaven.com/shop/antennas/4g-lte ... 1-45-rj45/
Wow, glad I asked! Thank you! Are the higher dbi models out of stock, or is 8 as high as they go for that spectrum?
JimHelms
Site Admin

Post by JimHelms »

That I am not sure. I do know that a lot of people are using a set of the 15dBi panel antennas (me included), and they work super well. https://thewirelesshaven.com/shop/antennas/4g-lte ... l-antenna/

But that would mean installing your router in an enclosure. You will also need to consider how to power it. The Wireless Haven has a couple of options to do this. Probably the simplest is to use a splitter and a 12V POE power injector adapter. https://thewirelesshaven.com/shop/power-adapter/p ... mm-jumper/
KennethPiper

Post by KennethPiper »

Thanks, Jim! I saw those and will possibly go with them. Seems like a more complicated project for a noob like me. Just to make sure I would benefit, check out my stats. I don't know what any of it means except the temperature :-) (okay, I know a little more than that, but not much)

at!gstatus?
!GSTATUS:
Current Time: 369215 Temperature: 42
Reset Counter: 1 Mode: ONLINE
System mode: LTE PS state: Attached
LTE band: B5 LTE bw: 10 MHz
LTE Rx chan: 2560 LTE Tx chan: 20560
LTE SSC1 state:NOT ASSIGNED
LTE SSC2 state:NOT ASSIGNED
LTE SSC3 state:NOT ASSIGNED
LTE SSC4 state:NOT ASSIGNED
EMM state: Registered Normal Service
RRC state: RRC Connected
IMS reg state: No Srv

PCC RxM RSSI: -70 PCC RxM RSRP: -98
PCC RxD RSSI: -62 PCC RxD RSRP: -89
Tx Power: -- TAC: aa09 (43529)
RSRQ (dB): -11.3 Cell ID: 02984d25 (43535653)
SINR (dB): 15.8

OK

Return to “Questions and Support”