WE826-T2 numerous issues

Topics related to ZBT Routers
Forum rules
Use the SEARCH function for related topics PRIOR to posting a new topic on the same subject.
Zetarun
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

WE826-T2 numerous issues

Post by Zetarun »

Hi everyone, I've been trying to browse throughout the forum in search for some answers, however it seems I am not able to find them and so I've decided to post the questions, in hope that the knowledgable members of the forum might be able to give me an idea of what is going wrong with the router (thank you!). I've updated it to the latest wifix firmware available and it is running a Quectel EP06-A modem. After initial installation/factory settings restored, following most of the available tutorials (setting up APNs, TTYs etc.) I plug in the Verizon SIM card and success... however, it is just not time to celebrate yet... here is where most of the issues actually start appearing:

1. If I change the SSID of the main WIFI the connection to Verizon starts freezing, the modem tries to reconnect unsuccessfully for a while and then the router does the same - seemingly the WIFI network is there, but it's not, the router is restarting. After such a restart the modem claims to be reconnecting stating modem present-not connected. After several unsuccessful tries it just disappears as if it has been physically disconnected from the router. Once restarted, it never connects back to the network, no matter how many times it is restarted or how long it is on. The exact same thing is happening if, instead of changing the WIFI's SSID I just start attaching devices through the WIFI, usually after the 7th device attached to the network it starts crashing. When the modem connects it either hooks on band 5 or 13 in QMI mode. When it begins acting up any AT command returns ERROR, whilst the log menu states CP, CM OK.

2. I've tried a T-mobile SIM on the same modem and I am facing the exact same problems.

3. I've also tried a Sierra MC7750 with Verizon firmware and everything crashes in the exact same pattern.

So, after that many unsuccessful attempts my mind is only set on physical interaction with the culprit :)))

I guess I am trying to figure out if the modem is being blocked by the service provider, or is it defective or is the router defective, or is it some software issue, or what? Shall I just order a MC7455 and try with it...?

Any help is appreciated, thank you all!
JimHelms
Site Admin

Re: WE826-T2 numerous issues

Post by JimHelms »

The first thing I would do is to download the latest WiFiX firmware, and use the Firmware Recovery Method to install it.

I would then flash it a second time from within the WiFiX UI.

This will assure all of the files from previous builds are completely overwritten.

Do not backup (save) the current configuration and restore it as it will create all sort of random issues.

One other item I would do is to reset the modem to its OEM configuration.

Code: Select all

AT+QPRTPARA=3
This will give you a fresh build to work from.

I would use the default settings for the WiFi until I had everything else working properly.

Return to “ZBT Routers”