WG3526 - Configuring for PoE Installations

How To Tutorials related to Routers and Firmware
Forum rules
This forum is for tutorials only--not for help or assistance.
JimHelms
Site Admin

WG3526 - Configuring for PoE Installations

Post by JimHelms »

The WG3526-P LTE Router is designed to accommodate PoE installations (i.e., the attic, outdoors in an LTE antenna/enclosure, etc.). The WG3526-P may be powered using a 48 Volt 35W-100W Gigabit Power over Ethernet POE injector, as well as its standard 12 Volt DC 2.5 Amp power adapter that comes with the unit.

When configuring the router for PoE, the WAN port is used to provide power the router--generally using a good CAT6A or better Ethernet cable. In order to supply power and access the router via a single Ethernet cable, the WAN port on the router must be changed to function as a LAN port. This is accomplished in ROOter by going to the NETWORK > SWITCH and setting the status of VLAN ports to match those in the image below, and be sure and SAVE & APPLY the settings:

WG3526-PoE Switch Settings.png

HELPFUL HINT: I would suggest setting up and configuring the router using the 12VDC power adapter. Once the router is connected to the internet and, you are satisfied with all its settings, then configure the WAN to a LAN.

You may also want to change the LAN IP address for the router. This is helpful when coupling the WG3526-P to an access point, router or other device that may already use the 192.168.1.1 IP to access that device.

To change the LAN IP address, go to NETWORK > INTERFACES > LAN > EDIT:

WG3526-PoE Static IP LAN.png

Next, assign the LAN interface a static IP address using a different subnet (shown using 192.168.3.1):

WG3526-PoE Static IP LAN 2.png
WG3526-PoE Static IP LAN 3.png

Once again, SAVE and APPLY. Reboot the router.

Before installing the WG3526-P, test the PoE and IP login using your new static IP address.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
docderwood

Re: WG3526 - Configuring for PoE Installations

Post by docderwood »

Anyone have any thoughts about whether this outdoor switch would have adequate POE (I plan on using the 1.5Amp/48V injector I have from The Wireless Haven) to power two WG3526?

Thanks!

https://store.ui.com/collections/unifi- ... s/usw-flex
Foozle
Has thanked: 0

Re: WG3526 - Configuring for PoE Installations

Post by Foozle »

A note for people who find this tutorial - the process has changed a little in the latest firmware (for the NEXP1GO, which is the new name for the WG3526). I found this video walkthrough here:

Basically the settings are under the "Devices" tab of "Interfaces" (in "Network") since there isn't a "Switch" page anymore.

Was pulling my hair out yesterday trying to figure this out until I thought to search for NEXP1GO POE instead of WG3526 POE.

Return to “Tutorials”