New NEXQ6GO and unable to login to 192.168.1.1

ROUTER Topics that are general or unclassified in nature, or does not belong elsewhere
Forum rules
Please assure there is not an existing forum and topic related to your post
jc67gc@gmail.com
Been thanked: 0

New NEXQ6GO and unable to login to 192.168.1.1

Post by jc67gc@gmail.com »

Hello,

Just received my new NEXQ6GO router and the router has access to the internet, it seems to work fine, except that I am trying to login into the router to customize my setup and I am unable to do so.

I get this error if trying to use Firefox or Google Chrome, and Microsoft Edge:

"Unable to connect

Firefox can’t establish a connection to the server at 192.168.1.1"

I ping it, and it is there, with no package loss.

I have used the reset button 3 times. I have tried using the WAP instead on using the NIC, but I am unable to to login into the router.

Any ideas or suggestions, please?

Thanks,
Giancarlo
BillA

Re: New NEXQ6GO and unable to login to 192.168.1.1

Post by BillA »

Try this reset method... Disconnect the power cord, hold down the reset button with a toothpick or such, insert the power cable while keep holding the reset button for about 20 seconds, then re-power it. This supposed to do a full factory reset.
Another suggestions is to try to log in through WiFi on a pc, find one of the router's WiFi hotspots and use the default password of 12345678 (or whatever the default is).
Another issue could be that you pc is getting its IP through another source such as a NIC card or WiFi, so make sure that all connections are turned off.
Didneywhorl

Post by Didneywhorl »

The Wifi should be "WiFix" and password should be 12345678. Use that to login, as BillA already said. Make sure your computer is NOT hooked up to any other source of internet.
Didneywhorl

Post by Didneywhorl »

I'm curious though. If you've not been able to log into the router, how did you get the settings applied to get onto the internet with it? Generally you need to add a few settings first before it will get onto the carrier networks. Sometimes the info auto-populates, but it's generally been my experience that even in those times, it turns out better to manually enter the parameters in the carrier settings.
jc67gc@gmail.com

Sad to inform that today the router stopped working all together. It just died overnight. When I woke up today it was off. I checked the surge protector and it was working. I, then, checked the power supply and it was working. I did not have time to troubleshoot any more this morning.

I came back this evening and tried to boot the router to no avail. I opened the case, and reconnected the power supply, and within 2-3 seconds the capacitor marked CK 220 16v was scorching hot and burned my finger a bit. So I disconnected the power supply and took out the brand new Quectel Cat6 modem I had installed last night.

Using a volt meter to do some continuity tests I realized that the board is short circuited. I am praying the modem is not fried cause that would mean an investment of approx $200 down the drain, not t mention the time wasted waiting anxiously for this order to arrive from the US.

Thanks to everyone who chipped in to help.

Giancarlo
BillA

Post by BillA »

jc67gc@gmail.com wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 9:42 pm Sad to inform that today the router stopped working all together. It just died overnight. When I woke up today it was off. I checked the surge protector and it was working. I, then, checked the power supply and it was working. I did not have time to troubleshoot any more this morning.

I came back this evening and tried to boot the router to no avail. I opened the case, and reconnected the power supply, and within 2-3 seconds the capacitor marked CK 220 16v was scorching hot and burned my finger a bit. So I disconnected the power supply and took out the brand new Quectel Cat6 modem I had installed last night.

Using a volt meter to do some continuity tests I realized that the board is short circuited. I am praying the modem is not fried cause that would mean an investment of approx $200 down the drain, not t mention the time wasted waiting anxiously for this order to arrive from the US.

Thanks to everyone who chipped in to help.

Giancarlo

Well, that sucks... as a last resort I would try another power adapter despite the hot capacitor, you'll never know till you try it. It's also possible that the firmware got corrupted, which could be the reason for no lights. Even so, usually you can enter bootloader mode, and see if you can at least see the flashing page. If you can't even see the flashing page, then it's really fried. Try this bootloader flashing method:
https://wirelessjoint.com/viewtopic.php?p=6007#p6007
jc67gc@gmail.com

In regards to the questions presented:

I installed the Quectel modem and powered up the router, and within a few seconds I had access to the internet.

The router issue my laptop an IP from the pool the router was setup from factory (192.168.1.x), via the NIC card. I tried to login to the router to do some basic configuration, but I was unable to do so. I then disconnected the Ethernet cable from the laptop and turned-on the WIFI on the laptop. I logged in using WIFIX, got an IP address, and tried once again to log in into the router. After a zillion times of resetting the router and going between the wired and wireless connection, I gave up, and decided to read the manual. Well, I, then, realized there was no manual or printed anything with the router.

I tried to email tech support, and the only choice I had was to register here and kindly ask for everyone’s help.

As you can imagine, I am not too happy right now, since it took more than a month for me to receive the router, and on top of that, I ordered the Cisco antennas to go with it, plus the SMA to TNC connectors and I was sent the wrong items.

Honestly, I don’t think it would be worth having to return the router, or the wrong connectors for that matter, cause I may have to use Fedex or UPS back to the US, and it would cost me more to pay for shipping it back to Texas, than purchasing a new LTE router, and having it shipped to Colombia, where I am presently stuck due to Covid-19.

Again..... my pain will be greatly increased if the modem got fried; however, I don’t have the energy nor the will to find out tonight if the modem is lost as well.
Didneywhorl

Post by Didneywhorl »

Are you using 60Hz 110VAC power to the power supply?
jc67gc@gmail.com

I have tried the original power adapter, plus another 12 volt 3amp power adapter and nothing works.

I did verify the power adapter’s working condition using the volt meter and they are putting out the correct voltage, so the power supplies are working fine.

I just connected the 2.5 amp power supply I purchased from The Wireless Haven, that they suggest we use on that router, and noticed small sparks flying off from the DC input. So..... the board is definitely fried.

Thanks for suggesting to enter the bootloader mode.

Giancarlo
jc67gc@gmail.com

Yes. Current in Colombia is 120 volt, 60hz.
BillA

Post by BillA »

jc67gc@gmail.com wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 10:02 pm Again..... my pain will be greatly increased if the modem got fried; however, I don’t have the energy nor the will to find out tonight if the modem is lost as well.

Your modem is probably fine, there are circuit protections built into both the router's and the modem's bus.
On second thought, you might be able to salvage your router by desoldering or clipping off the "hot" capacitor from the circuit board, which is likely shorted out and is draining all the power. Those larger caps are usually used for filtering voltage fluctuations and noise in the power supply, however the router should run just fine without it, or maybe have cap replaced later on. Give it a try, nothing to lose. ;)

Return to “General and Unclassified”