we1326 firmware issue

Topics related to OpenWRT, LEDE, GoldenOrb, Linux and other firmware
Forum rules
Use the SEARCH function for related topics PRIOR to posting a new topic on the same subject.
dkiaunis
Has thanked: 0

we1326 firmware issue

Post by dkiaunis »

Hello,

I'm trying and failing miserably to put together a router. I got to the point where I was trying to flash the router firmware, but now I'm running into issues. When I tried flashing the firmware, it just sat at the loading screen for 20ish minutes. At this point I just closed the browser and tried to reopen it, but couldn't connect to the router again.
I followed this tutorial https://wirelessjoint.com/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=5 to try and reflash the router, but it doesn't seem to be working.
I reach this screen in chinese:
chinese screen.PNG
From here I click the button in the center and select the firmware. It seems to flash the firmware, but I still can't connect to the router. I'm not sure what is going wrong. Any help would be appreciated.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
JimHelms
Site Admin

Re: we1326 firmware issue

Post by JimHelms »

I would try a different web browser and first rebooting the PC.

I use Google Chrome with its translator to decipher the pages but use Firefox to do the firmware upgrade.
dkiaunis

Post by dkiaunis »

I just tried reseting my PC before and afterwards and also using firefox. Still the same result, after installing the firmware I can't connect to the router. Any other ideas of what could be going wrong?
Didneywhorl

Post by Didneywhorl »

1. I seem to always have best luck when using MS Edge for this stuff. Its the only thing I use edge for.
1.b. I always unplug my connection to the router, after I'm ready to attempt to reconnect to it, then connect back in.
2. Are logging into it via LAN or Wifi?
3. Are you setting your device to take a dynamic address or are you using a static?
4. If dynamic Are you watching the assignment happen after attempting to reconnect back into the network?
dkiaunis

Post by dkiaunis »

Didneywhorl wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 2:41 pm 1. I seem to always have best luck when using MS Edge for this stuff. Its the only thing I use edge for.
I can try edge next I suppose
Didneywhorl wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 2:41 pm 2. Are logging into it via LAN or Wifi?
I'm using LAN
Didneywhorl wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 2:41 pm 3. Are you setting your device to take a dynamic address or are you using a static?
I think I'm setting it as static? I just followed the tutorials exactly. I first go in and set the ip addess as it instructs, then I connect to the router in boot loader menu and upgrade the firmware. After that I go back and set the ip address to "obtain an ip address automatically". If this is what you are referring to, then I think after I flash the firmware I set it to take a dynamic address.
Didneywhorl wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 2:41 pm 4. If dynamic Are you watching the assignment happen after attempting to reconnect back into the network?
I'm not sure how to watch the assignment happen as I reconnect
dkiaunis

Post by dkiaunis »

I got it to work!
I downloaded the wifix version of the firmware instead of goldenorb, and that seemed to work.

Glad that is figured out
IIAT39
Been thanked: 0

Post by IIAT39 »

same issue here!
I have a 512MB RAM / 16MB flash Version with an EP06-E modem (ZBT-WE1326-KC).
The only one firmware that i tested and works (fine, no problems) was the WiFix 256MB version (openwrt-WiFiX-WE1326v5-GO2020-05-16-upgrade). There is no 512MB RAM Version for WiFix (yet ;) ) and also the RooTER versions, either the 512 or 256 MB version, (...GO2020-03-01...) does not came back after the upload and flash.

PS: Also the original OpenWrt V19.07.3 Firmware (openwrt-19.07.3-ramips-mt7621-zbt-we1326-squashfs-sysupgrade) works, but you need to load all the required modules (for example see here: https://bacnh.com/quectel-linux-usb-dri ... eshooting/) and setup some parameters to support the EP06 modem.

Return to “Firmware”