EM06 on sprint?

Topics on Service Providers, Deals, Options, Etc.
Forum rules
No internet reseller is permitted to market their services. No Exceptions.
Cptham
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

EM06 on sprint?

Post by Cptham »

I'm having trouble provisioning my EM06 on Sprint. If I take the SIM card from my Samsung phone and put it in my router the modem fails to connect. When I called Sprint to try to provision the device, they said the IMEI is not compatible with the Sprint network.
I'm on the top unlimited plan.
Any suggestions?
radec

Re: EM06 on sprint?

Post by radec »

I use a EM06-A on sprint but I have a hotspot only simcard. So things may be different. Do you have the modem set on LTE only mode?

edit:
to put the modem in 4g/lte only mode:

Code: Select all

AT+QCFG="nwscanmode",3,1
Didneywhorl

Post by Didneywhorl »

What device are you using the modem in?
LteHaks9

Post by LteHaks9 »

radec wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 8:08 pm I have a hotspot only simcard.
soo... hot spot sim cards allow the card to be used in any device?

how does one get a hot spot only sim for Sprint? I'm currently trialing Tello and cannot get the Tello sim card to work in an EP06.
BillA

Post by BillA »

LteHaks9 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 9:10 pm soo... hot spot sim cards allow the card to be used in any device?

how does one get a hot spot only sim for Sprint? I'm currently trialing Tello and cannot get the Tello sim card to work in an EP06.

Sprint is generally finicky to activate in most modems, you could try first inserting the sim into a phone, let it provision, make a test call, test the data, then move it into the router. Reboot it twice, allowing 5 minutes in between. If still no dice you may want to take a look at this possible solution > http://wirelessjoint.com/viewtopic.php?p=10327#p10327
Sometimes they lock the sim to a specific device's imei, you could try to call customer service, but it's going to be a uphill battle... been there done it. lol
Mcons
Has thanked: 0

Post by Mcons »

what plan are you using on sprint? I'm trying to test them out but unsure what route will work
Didneywhorl

Post by Didneywhorl »

If you use a SIM card out of a true hotspot activated in the hotspot and put it into a router that uses an LTE modem that is NOT using officially branded Sprint firmware, you can use that SIM in that router/modem. The Sprint firmware provisions/checks the IMEI of the device to the SIM card. If the firmware is not official Sprint firmware it does not have this check and does not block the device from the network.

You CANT take a SIM from an officially branded Sprint device with official Sprint firmware on it and swap it to another device that is Sprint branded. You CAN call Sprint and have the service swapped to the new Sprint branded device.

You CANT take the SIM from a Sprint branded device and call Sprint and have them swap service to a LTE gateway router with a hostless generic firmware modem. You CAN generally simply put the SIM from a Sprint branded device into a non branded LTE Gateway router with hostless modem inside using non official "generic" firmware and it simply works. Usually only need to change the APN.

This works for now. No telling what the future holds.

Sprint does allow for static IPs for like $3 a month.

And if you can get the on phone Sprint customer service rep to stop lying about it, Sprint has a $15 a month unlimited hotspot plan.
Didneywhorl

Post by Didneywhorl »

Back to the OP.

Sprint Cell phone and tablets tend to use the X.ISPSN APN. That is an IPV6 only provisioned APN. I've not seem anyone successfully use that APN with a LTE gateway router. Id love to see it and know what settings they used to do so.

Return to “Internet Service Providers”