WE826-WD Firmware installation

Topics related to OpenWRT, LEDE, GoldenOrb, Linux and other firmware
Forum rules
Use the SEARCH function for related topics PRIOR to posting a new topic on the same subject.
autovet
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

WE826-WD Firmware installation

Post by autovet »

I received a WE826-WD from my supplier. I tried the normal procedure of holding down the reset button and powering the device to get into the firmware version via 192.168.1.1 and it will not go into the menu where I normally install firmware. It comes up with a message that 192.168.1.1 is unreachable. Anyone have any ideas on how I change the firmware?
Didneywhorl

Re: WE826-WD Firmware installation

Post by Didneywhorl »

Which firmware are you loading? Im not familiar with the "WD" version, which is that? It may not have the breed web loader.

I'll give you a trick I use. 1: run a ping 192.168.1.1 -t in console in the background. 2: use Windows default browser (Explorer?) and look in your url text box drop down while typing in 192.168.1.1 and look for chinese symbols. If you see it, click on it instead of hitting the enter key.

Try not to talk of "suppliers" on here, just say your router you bought somewhere else. :)
autovet

Post by autovet »

I finally got it to get to the firmware page. It took 20 seconds holding down the reset button. I quickly learned that the WE826-WD is not compatible with any of the other firm wares out there.
Death__hound

Post by Death__hound »

I have one of those too they do work and have used it on the rooter firmware but have to change some of the watchdog settings using the internal serial ttl port
NHeydary

Post by NHeydary »

I have a WE826 that is labeled as a WE826-T on the bottom of the router however the internal board is marked as ZBT-WE826-WD-V05. I'm assuming I'd go with the markings on the circuit board, right? I ask because I'm having an issue where the SIM isn't being recognized regardless of if it's in the M.2/PCIE adapter or the router's SIM slot. I'm at wit's end as to why the SIM isn't being recognized knowing that it's good because it works in my phone. Can modem's be SIM locked?

Return to “Firmware”