Mobile Omni 4x LTE

Topics related to wireless broadband antennas
Forum rules
Use the SEARCH function for related topics PRIOR to posting a new topic on the same subject.
jsalbre
Been thanked: 0

Mobile Omni 4x LTE

Post by jsalbre »

Hey all, looking for some recommendations.

I’m living the nomad life in a 30’ Airstream. I’ve got a WG3526 with an EM-20G card on AT&T.

Most places it work ok sitting on the table using the factory antennas, but the real plan is to mount it in the back of a closet out of the way and pop an antenna on the roof.

I have lots of LiFePO4 batteries and solar panels, so the power stays on 24/7, even while we’re in motion. My Mac Mini stays up during this time as well, usually downloading entertainment or uploading backups of the various laptops and other equipment in the trailer.

Due to the desire to keep everything functional in motion a pole mounted directional antenna is not an option. So I’m looking for an omni roof mount (preferably something with a rear exit as I’m not drilling more holes in my roof). WiFi is not a requirement as the small antennas do fine for that.

I’m struggling to find much in the way of 4x omni mobile antennas. Should I use a pair of 2x? 4 non-MIMOs (in what layout)? Or is the benefit of 4x MIMO not worth the hassle and expense?
Didneywhorl

Re: Mobile Omni 4x LTE

Post by Didneywhorl »

For someone constantly moving around and not wanting to have to point antennas, the omnis will be easier and 4x4 will help get a stronger signal to & from your equipment. More pathways are better imo.

As far as mounting to the roof. Have you thought of mounting an antenna base/mount to a large sheet of acrylic/plexi glass then glue/seal that to your rv roof?

Ive got some 2x2 omni antennas coming to me soon Im going to test out. I can let you know how it goes. Im planning on selling them anyway, its a test for capability. I dont need omnis myself.
gscheb

Re: Mobile Omni 4x LTE

Post by gscheb »

Hello,
"Disclaimer don't have experience with installing antenna on RV or with 4x4 mimo antennas."
With that said remember seeing a this video in the past encase you haven't seen it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wY7I6LSUNCU

Return to “Cellular Antennas”