MC400 Not Showing in Devices.

ROUTER Topics that are general or unclassified in nature, or does not belong elsewhere
Forum rules
Please assure there is not an existing forum and topic related to your post
Metatron
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

MC400 Not Showing in Devices.

Post by Metatron »

I believe after reviewing the eventviewer admin logs and CBA850 system logs someone activated a Telnet server (IMG file) that was downloaded on my sons computer and was then able to push Busybox Linux package onto my modem's internal memory then they flashed the firmware switched sim ports with usb ports. I believe they were attempting a man in the middle or just trying to add a Node to there own network. I can not figure out how to gain connection into the modem to re-flash it to the OEM firmware. I have the entire log. they also changed the dates and time of every log to dec 31 1969. Any help would be great. Thanks
Didneywhorl

Re: MC400 Not Showing in Devices.

Post by Didneywhorl »

You might need to reflash the firmware using a simple usb adapter.
JimHelms
Site Admin

Post by JimHelms »

I would remove the MC400 modem from the router.

Then, on the bottom of the router, press and hold the reset button for 20 seconds.

When the router booted back up, log into the router using the default password contained on the label on the bottom of the router.

Go to SYSTEM > SYSTEM CONTROL > NETCLOUD OS and manually upload the Cradlepoint 7.0.50 release firmware--check the box for Factory Reset.

Once the new firmware has uploaded, go to the SYSTEM > NETCLOUD and select the option to SUSPEND router (if the selection is available). Uncheck the Enabled box on the NETCLOUD SETTINGS and SAVE.

Install the MC400 and power on the router. This will most likely fix your issue.
Didneywhorl

Post by Didneywhorl »

That's why you make the big bucks, Jim. ;) Big brainz

Return to “General and Unclassified”